GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hdshap

New

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Post by hdshap » Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 pm

nonnie16 wrote:In via later dated 4/26. Good luck everyone!
Where are you located?//other folks who have received a letter, are yall in DC metro area?

jordani

New

Post by jordani » Wed May 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Acceptance via letter that arrived at my house. I live in the Northeast, not DC.

First seat deposit due on May 15 for me.

Stats:

mid-T2, 3.9X, 1 LOR

RentAIC

New

Post by RentAIC » Wed May 01, 2019 8:50 pm

hdshap wrote:
Where are you located?//other folks who have received a letter, are yall in DC metro area?
Not DC, but east coast.

Janeaustengal

New

Post by Janeaustengal » Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 pm

hdshap wrote:
I am in the DC metro area!

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted today!

How many of us have likewise received no deferral and no letter? And where are we located?

My mailing address is in a rural part of the Southeast--which I'm hoping accounts for the delay. Otherwise, what a strange cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Transfer2021

New

Post by Transfer2021 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm

MSUN5 wrote:Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted today!

How many of us have likewise received no deferral and no letter? And where are we located?

My mailing address is in a rural part of the Southeast--which I'm hoping accounts for the delay. Otherwise, what a strange cycle.
I'm also in the Southeast and have no letter and no deferral. I actually checked this page to see how long a first class letter would take from zip code 20001 if it was mailed on a Monday. For me it would arrive on a Thursday. Or so this says. I know this is weak. But at this point, I cannot wait to see if I have a letter tomorrow.
https://postcalc.usps.com/servicecommitments

Unrelated, when GULC says your GPA cannot fall below a 3.2, is that your cumulative GPA or your second semester GPA? Because I could see someone potentially getting a 3.1 second semester, but it would take a lot to bring my cumulative GPA down below a 3.2... Just a random thought.

tls_toddy

New

Post by tls_toddy » Wed May 01, 2019 9:48 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a 3.2 just for second semester.

Well shucks guys. I'm also in the DC metro area (but not actually IN dc) and I have not heard anything. Based on @Transfer2021's tool if they mailed it Monday, today was the predicted day for my zip. I'm starting to get this eery feeling there wont be anything in the mail for me tomorrow morning either...but I'm going to bed early anyway because I cant wait to wake up and find out.

I will say in the few years I've been at this apartment, mail gets mismatched in people's mailboxes all the time but would it get mismatched on the scanning side?

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 pm

tls_toddy wrote:I'm pretty sure it's a 3.2 just for second semester.

Well shucks guys. I'm also in the DC metro area (but not actually IN dc) and I have not heard anything. Based on @Transfer2021's tool if they mailed it Monday, today was the predicted day for my zip. I'm starting to get this eery feeling there wont be anything in the mail for me tomorrow morning either...but I'm going to bed early anyway because I cant wait to wake up and find out.

I will say in the few years I've been at this apartment, mail gets mismatched in people's mailboxes all the time but would it get mismatched on the scanning side?
That tool likewise pegs me at Wednesday. Eeek! The mail tomorrow looks pretty dispositive for us, no?

Transfer2021

New

Post by Transfer2021 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:04 pm

MSUN5 wrote:
tls_toddy wrote:I'm pretty sure it's a 3.2 just for second semester.

That tool likewise pegs me at Wednesday. Eeek! The mail tomorrow looks pretty dispositive for us, no?
Yeah, I think tomorrow's mail will be make or break.

Having said that, because I'm obsessing when I should be studying contracts, I just looked back at last year's thread and some people had letters dated 4/26 or 4/27... Meaning, they could send a first batch out on Monday and another on Tuesday. As people said last year, until you have a deferral or other decision [let's not say the r word], you should still have hope. Even in DC, NY, CA, or bumblef*ck southeast.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

But, yeah, I probably need to go make sure I get a 3.2. In case I need it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:16 pm

Transfer2021 wrote:

Having said that, because I'm obsessing when I should be studying contracts, I just looked back at last year's thread and some people had letters dated 4/26 or 4/27... Meaning, they could send a first batch out on Monday and another on Tuesday. As people said last year, until you have a deferral or other decision [let's not say the r word], you should still have hope. Even in DC, NY, CA, or bumblef*ck southeast.

I'm loving the optimism and the can-do spirit. Now get back to studying contracts so you can clear that 3.2 hurdle!

Transfer2021

New

Post by Transfer2021 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:27 pm

MSUN5 wrote:
Transfer2021 wrote:

I'm loving the optimism and the can-do spirit. Now get back to studying contracts so you can clear that 3.2 hurdle!
Also last year's first deposit was due 5/7; this year it's 5/15, perhaps signaling a protracted decisions communication period... Speculation at best, but just thought I'd add that detail to the mix.

frobscottle

New

Post by frobscottle » Wed May 01, 2019 11:16 pm

MSUN5 wrote:Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted today!

So I'm a Californian here, and very used to getting mail late - hopefully (if I get anything) it comes before the weekend :/

nonnie16

New

Post by nonnie16 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:27 am

hdshap wrote:
Northeast! Stats: lower-T1, 3.75

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rubysun

New

Post by Rubysun » Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 am

I haven't even started writing an application, but I am joining in!

T2- 3.5, 0 LOR
Would it be too late to ask for LOR after the final exam? hmm...

Transfer2021

New

Post by Transfer2021 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:49 am

Letter in usps informed delivery from GULC. I cannot believe it

thebirdlawexpert

New

Post by thebirdlawexpert » Thu May 02, 2019 8:16 am

Letter from GULC in my Informed Delivery, now to wait for 8 hours until the mail gets here

CALIqueen

New

Post by CALIqueen » Thu May 02, 2019 9:14 am

LETTER IN THE MAIL, FOLKS! My address is upside down on the envelope so I'm glad it made it!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:21 am

No letter today. Called admissions and they told me my letter was sent on Friday and suggested that perhaps it was lost in the mail. This is of course the way I would find out, hahaha. This story will terrify all future generations of EA applicants.

What a week!

tls_toddy

New

Post by tls_toddy » Thu May 02, 2019 9:33 am

MSUN5 wrote:No letter today. Called admissions and they told me my letter was sent on Friday and suggested that perhaps it was lost in the mail. This is of course the way I would find out, hahaha. This story will terrify all future generations of EA applicants.

What a week!
Same here!!!! Really hoping it gets here soon :) They said they mailed it on Friday.

Transfer2021

New

Post by Transfer2021 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 am

MSUN5 wrote:No letter today. Called admissions and they told me my letter was sent on Friday and suggested that perhaps it was lost in the mail. This is of course the way I would find out, hahaha. This story will terrify all future generations of EA applicants.

What a week!
This is brilliant!! Congrats! I'm glad you got word because yeah, I would have been nervous to not get mail today.

I was deferred at two other schools (one T14-T20 and one T20-T30). I'm currently at a TTTT. The question becomes now do I sow more seeds which will not yield results until late July, or go with the sure thing? Anyone else contemplating this issue? It's why I didn't apply binding ED anywhere.

Personally I won't believe I'm accepted until i see the words in print.

Also my contracts outline would have me believe that the 3.2 spring GPA is a condition precedent. Gotta get on that.

tls_toddy

New

Post by tls_toddy » Thu May 02, 2019 10:38 am

Transfer2021 wrote:

Also my contracts outline would have me believe that the 3.2 spring GPA is a condition precedent. Gotta get on that.
Yeah I'm not telling anyone IRL until I have that letter in hand. And yep. I only have 1 more final to go and then I guess it's just a waiting game to just confirm this semester is above that 3.2.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Transfer2021

New

Post by Transfer2021 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:41 am

tls_toddy wrote:
Transfer2021 wrote:

Yeah I'm not telling anyone IRL until I have that letter in hand. And yep. I only have 1 more final to go and then I guess it's just a waiting game to just confirm this semester is above that 3.2.
Agree about the curve. People tend to figure it out after a first semester scare. Also this semester's material being either harder (hard to do well) or easier (everyone can do well) is frightening. And my school grades legal writing, which is a complete mystery as to how it is graded.

Xfer45

New

Post by Xfer45 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:54 am

Based on the language in the letter, the contingency is placed on remaining in good academic standing and fulfilling your 1L requirements at your school. In addition, if your GPA drops below a 3.2, then they will review your application again. So, they won't necessarily withdraw their offer, but probably don't want to leave it to chance.

hdshap

New

Post by hdshap » Thu May 02, 2019 11:49 am

What a week!
Did you straight up ask if you had a letter coming? I just called and they told me early may.

seagun

New

Post by seagun » Thu May 02, 2019 12:47 pm

In as of today by letter.

Living in the Midwest. Letter dated April 26th.

Acceptance is contingent upon second semester GPA landing at or above a 3.2

Mid T1 - Top 12.5%

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”