Chances (Sorry & Sincere Thanks) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chances (Sorry & Sincere Thanks)

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:26 pm

I am currently at a state school ranked 100 – 110 and am looking to transfer to UGA Law (my UG alma mater). I applied EA, and have ~3.70 GPA. I am well within the top 15% of my class. I have average softs and have fed internship + firm job for the summer. Non-URM, K-JD, 1st gen. law student. Could you please advise me as to my chances?

joefresh

New

Re: Chances (Sorry & Sincere Thanks)

Post by joefresh » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:48 am

Looking at UGA' lawS 509 report, they had 5 transfers in last year. Since they only had 5, they don't release the gpa's of these transfers.
I'd say you have a very good chance, considering how few people are trying to transfer in to UGA, and the fact that your stats are pretty good. Top 15% in a T3 (schools ranked 100-150) has been known to get into georgetown and georgetown is far more selective/prestigious than UGA.

I'd suggest you take a shot at a school with better possible employment outcomes (assuming you've taken into account costs and stuff). I'd recommend georgetown (they let in a lot of transfers with similar stats to you), Vanderbilt, etc. If you want to go to Georgia for better employment outcomes, you'd probably be better off staying at your current school and using your rank to get a job or transfering to a school with genuinley strong employment outcomes (as noted previously).

Xfer45

New

Re: Chances (Sorry & Sincere Thanks)

Post by Xfer45 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:51 pm

joefresh wrote:considering how few people are trying to transfer in to UGA...
Another factor could be that UGA may not be very transfer friendly. That said, it looks like UGA had 10 transfers each year in 2016 and 2017, and as Joefresh said, 5 in 2018. A fair amount of its transfers in '16 & '17 came from T3/4s. Sounds like you got a good shot given your stats. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”