Vanderbilt Transfer Early Action Class of 2021 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Quentinpali

New

Vanderbilt Transfer Early Action Class of 2021

Post by Quentinpali » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:01 pm

I submitted my early action application within the first week (around February 18).
They said they send out rolling admissions decisions beginning in March through May.

Has anyone heard anything?

Quentinpali

New

Vanderbilt EA Transfer: GPA 3.74, Rank #9, Top 7%

Post by Quentinpali » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:21 pm

My school is ranked between 100 to 110.
It is geographically close to Vanderbilt.
Someone from my school transferred to Vanderbilt last year.
I applied within the first few days the application opened (Around February 18)

GPA: 3.74

Resume, Personal Statement, Diversity Statement are all polished and were prepared with a lot of care and attention to detail. I also sent 3 recommendation letters from 3 professors who I have a good relationship with so I feel good about the recommendation letters too.

What are my chances?

H0PEFUL_Xfer

New

Re: Vanderbilt EA Transfer: GPA 3.74, Rank #9, Top 7%

Post by H0PEFUL_Xfer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:27 am

I've been waiting for someone to start this thread, so thank you. I cannot speak to your chances, other than to suggest that your stats look favorable according to Vandy's 509.

My stats:
Applied EA on 2/28.
Vanderbilt undergraduate with strong connections to Nashville and two summer judicial internships already lined up in the city.
GPA: 3.645 (school doesn't rank until end of 1L year, but should be at least top 20% assuming a similar spring)
Top 40 law school

Good luck, and keep us posted.

heartlessjester

New

Post by heartlessjester » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:46 pm

Your numbers are good, but Vandy prefers T1/T2 schools (more T1), so you may get deferred until next semester so that they can ensure you continue to rank high.

Quentinpali

New

Post by Quentinpali » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:17 am

H0PEFUL_Xfer wrote:I've been waiting for someone to start this thread, so thank you. I cannot speak to your chances, other than to suggest that your stats look favorable according to Vandy's 509.

My stats:
Applied EA on 2/28.
Vanderbilt undergraduate with strong connections to Nashville and two summer judicial internships already lined up in the city.
GPA: 3.645 (school doesn't rank until end of 1L year, but should be at least top 20% assuming a similar spring)
Top 40 law school

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Just keeping you posted as requested:

On April 1st I received an e-mail that I was selected to move forward with the interview process. I called and set up a Skype interview. I interviewed with them yesterday (April 2nd) and think it went well (fingers crossed). They said they haven't made any decisions yet and should be making decisions "within the next few weeks."

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawschool123456

New

Re: Vanderbilt Transfer Early Action Class of 2021

Post by Lawschool123456 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:56 pm

I just applied today so i'll probably hear later than you. But fingers crossed for both of us!

H0PEFUL_Xfer

New

Post by H0PEFUL_Xfer » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:14 pm

That sounds like my experience. I interviewed on 3/26 and was given the same timeframe.

Quentinpali

New

Post by Quentinpali » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:04 pm

H0PEFUL_Xfer wrote:That sounds like my experience. I interviewed on 3/26 and was given the same timeframe.
I received an e-mail today that my Vanderbilt Law Application status has changed. It was an acceptance. :)

Good luck!

Quentinpali

New

Post by Quentinpali » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:10 pm

Lawschool123456 wrote:I just applied today so i'll probably hear later than you. But fingers crossed for both of us!
Keeping you updated:

Last Monday (April 1st) I received an e-mail notifying me that I was selected for an interview and should call them and schedule. I called, scheduled and completed a Skype interview on Tuesday (April 2nd).

I received an e-mail today that my Vanderbilt Law Application status has changed. It was an acceptance. :)

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

H0PEFUL_Xfer

New

Post by H0PEFUL_Xfer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Congrats! I got the same good news today. :D

Quentinpali

New

Post by Quentinpali » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 pm

H0PEFUL_Xfer wrote:Congrats! I got the same good news today. :D
Congratulations!

You planning on accepting and going there? I am.

H0PEFUL_Xfer

New

Post by H0PEFUL_Xfer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Yes, I will also be accepting. See you there!

heartlessjester

New

Post by heartlessjester » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 pm

Hmm... what time yesterday were you guys informed? My friend applied to Vandy ED too and is frantic about it, he said he interviewed yesterday though and was told they hadn't made any decisions yet + they didn't seem all that confident decisions would start to go out in the next week. Wonder if it's a bad sign for him or if they'll catch him in a later wave since his interview was the same day.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Quentinpali

New

Post by Quentinpali » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:35 am

heartlessjester wrote:Hmm... what time yesterday were you guys informed? My friend applied to Vandy ED too and is frantic about it, he said he interviewed yesterday though and was told they hadn't made any decisions yet + they didn't seem all that confident decisions would start to go out in the next week. Wonder if it's a bad sign for him or if they'll catch him in a later wave since his interview was the same day.
I got the email on April 8th and 4:50PM.

I wouldn't be worried though. It's rolling admissions so it matters when you apply and decisions come out in different dates. Your friend just interviewed yesterday, I would give it few weeks.

Transfer2021

New

Post by Transfer2021 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:42 pm

I am a transfer applicant who was invited to interview with their admissions office. Can you share what the interview was like? Thanks!

Quentinpali

New

Post by Quentinpali » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:59 pm

It was informal. I wouldn't stress about it too much. The guy that transferred from my school last year said his was 7 minutes long total. But mine was around 18 minutes long but most of that was me talking. I had a lot to say and my interview skills and talking points were especially on point because I did so many OCI's interviews not too long ago. So I think mine was longer than usual because I gave long, thoughtful answers. One mistake that I made was that I did mine at the basement of my law school's library and had technical problems through Skype. That was a bit annoying. So I especially recommend making sure you are somewhere where the internet connection is strong.

These are the questions that I received:

Why law?
Why transfer?
Why Vanderbilt?
What are you doing this summer?
What do you plan on doing after law school?
How has your 1L year been so far?
Any questions for us?

Happybarnacle3

New

Post by Happybarnacle3 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:55 am

In via status checker, T1, top 25%

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Untitleddestiny

New

Post by Untitleddestiny » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Happybarnacle3 wrote:In via status checker, T1, top 25%
Happybarnacle3 wrote:In via status checker, T1, top 25%
When did you interview/hear back? What is status checker btw, I have access to the web account, but it doesn't have a status place anywhere.
Transfer2021 wrote:I am a transfer applicant who was invited to interview with their admissions office. Can you share what the interview was like? Thanks!
Stats?
Quentinpali wrote:It was informal. I wouldn't stress about it too much. The guy that transferred from my school last year said his was 7 minutes long total. But mine was around 18 minutes long but most of that was me talking. I had a lot to say and my interview skills and talking points were especially on point because I did so many OCI's interviews not too long ago. So I think mine was longer than usual because I gave long, thoughtful answers. One mistake that I made was that I did mine at the basement of my law school's library and had technical problems through Skype. That was a bit annoying. So I especially recommend making sure you are somewhere where the internet connection is strong.

These are the questions that I received:

Why law?
Why transfer?
Why Vanderbilt?
What are you doing this summer?
What do you plan on doing after law school?
How has your 1L year been so far?
Any questions for us?
Really? Mine was easily half an hour +... worried since I interviewed early last week and haven't heard a peep.

Lawschool123456

New

Post by Lawschool123456 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:23 pm

I recently interviewed and am also waiting. Goodluck to both of us!

seagun

New

Post by seagun » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 pm

In at Vanderbilt via status checker. It posts a new clickable link when there is an update.

Stats: Top 30 school / 3.69 / School doesn't rank until the first year, but thats between top 10-15%. Summer judicial internship.

I interviewed in early March, either the 7th or the 8th.

Lawschool123456

New

Post by Lawschool123456 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:20 pm

IN today via status checker!!! I received an email that there was an update on my portal.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ironreagan

New

Post by ironreagan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:28 pm

In as well as of 4:30 PM CST. Interviewed on 4/12.

Untitleddestiny

New

Post by Untitleddestiny » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 pm

:( :( :( . Congrats to you guys, I guess this means I was deferred though. Even if I wasn't it kind of hurts, I had very sepcific reasons for needing to hear back this week, informed them and still nothing :( :( .

Lawschool123456

New

Post by Lawschool123456 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:42 am

Do you guys know when we'll hear back about any financial aid, etc.?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”