T3 to FSU Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jaybball21

New

T3 to FSU

Post by jaybball21 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Looking to transfer from DePaul University (T3) to Florida State University. First semester: 3.443 GPA , top 25% class rank. What are my chances?

cavalier1138

Re: T3 to FSU

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:26 pm

From the 509, it looks like you'd be above the 75th GPA if you maintained a 3.4x. However, it also looks like they take very few transfers and that those they do take tend to be from Florida schools. So do you have an answer for why you want to be in Florida and why you decided to attend school in Chicago?

jaybball21

New

Post by jaybball21 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 am

cavalier1138 wrote:From the 509, it looks like you'd be above the 75th GPA if you maintained a 3.4x. However, it also looks like they take very few transfers and that those they do take tend to be from Florida schools. So do you have an answer for why you want to be in Florida and why you decided to attend school in Chicago?
I want to practice in the South, particularly Florida or Georgia. I also am applying to Emory. I applied to schools in the South but I wasn't able to gain admission. DePaul offered me the most $, but I have no binding ties to Chicago, so transferring would not be such an issue.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:03 pm

jaybball21 wrote:I want to practice in the South, particularly Florida or Georgia. I also am applying to Emory. I applied to schools in the South but I wasn't able to gain admission. DePaul offered me the most $, but I have no binding ties to Chicago, so transferring would not be such an issue.
If you're from Florida, that'll probably ease their minds over the geography. The issue isn't so much your ties to Chicago but your choice to attend a regional school in a region you had no interest practicing in, followed by your apparent declaration that all you ever wanted in life was to be in Florida (where there are a number of DePaul-esque schools that would have been likely to accept you). And the money argument may hold some water, but transfers pay sticker. I'm not saying any of this will bar you transferring to FSU with a decent GPA, but based on their 509s, I would expect them to wonder why someone would attend DePaul in the first place if they really wanted to come down to Florida.

BUT

If you're open to practicing in Georgia and can keep (or raise) your GPA, Emory is a way better choice for you. They have better job placement and take more transfers from a wider range of schools.

jaybball21

New

Post by jaybball21 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:46 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
jaybball21 wrote:I want to practice in the South, particularly Florida or Georgia. I also am applying to Emory. I applied to schools in the South but I wasn't able to gain admission. DePaul offered me the most $, but I have no binding ties to Chicago, so transferring would not be such an issue.
If you're from Florida, that'll probably ease their minds over the geography. The issue isn't so much your ties to Chicago but your choice to attend a regional school in a region you had no interest practicing in, followed by your apparent declaration that all you ever wanted in life was to be in Florida (where there are a number of DePaul-esque schools that would have been likely to accept you). And the money argument may hold some water, but transfers pay sticker. I'm not saying any of this will bar you transferring to FSU with a decent GPA, but based on their 509s, I would expect them to wonder why someone would attend DePaul in the first place if they really wanted to come down to Florida.

BUT

If you're open to practicing in Georgia and can keep (or raise) your GPA, Emory is a way better choice for you. They have better job placement and take more transfers from a wider range of schools.

Thank you for the advice. I was accepted to FSU a couple of days ago and am still waiting to hear on Emory, but I expect they won't get back to me without my second semester grades.

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:03 pm

jaybball21 wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

BUT

Thank you for the advice. I was accepted to FSU a couple of days ago and am still waiting to hear on Emory, but I expect they won't get back to me without my second semester grades.
Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed for you w/ Emory.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”