Transfer Chances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lolo24189

New

Transfer Chances

Post by lolo24189 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:13 pm

I go to the UMiami Law and am looking to transfer. I got a 3.667 am a URM female and should be around top 8% of my class empirically. Does anybody know what schools I have chances at? Would i be able to get into the T14?

joefresh

New

Re: Transfer Chances

Post by joefresh » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Being top 10% at UMiami (rank 60 something) will get you into Georgetown and maybe Cornell (but I would caution against going to Cornell because transfers can't participate in OCI .. and the whole reason you transfer is for OCI).

In addition to being in the top 10%, you're a URM, which is a MASSIVE bump. You probably have an ok shot at Columbia, NYU, Chicago and a good shot at the poor-er ranked T13 (schools like Duke, Virginia, Michigan, etc).

If you can afford a $2,00 deposit ... apply to Georgetown EA (deadline may have already passed so check this immediately). You'll get in on your first semester grades alone and be notified around very early May. Then you'll pay a 2k deposit. Then around June you'll get in to a bunch of other T13 schools. Enjoy.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”