Transfers - Does anybody know earliest we'd hear back? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lolo24189

New

Transfers - Does anybody know earliest we'd hear back?

Post by lolo24189 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm

I applied to Cornell and Georgetown to transfer and the application was already due for Cornell at the end of February last month and Georgetown's is due soon. Is the earliest we hear back in May?

joefresh

New

Re: Transfers - Does anybody know earliest we'd hear back?

Post by joefresh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Georgetown's EA deadline is March 15th. I STRONGLY advise you to meet this deadline.

You should also apply to cornell but remeber that cornell transfers don't get OCI. The whole reason you transfer is for OCI.

PM and I can help you along, a lot.

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:08 pm

lolo24189 wrote:I applied to Cornell and Georgetown to transfer and the application was already due for Cornell at the end of February last month and Georgetown's is due soon. Is the earliest we hear back in May?
I can't help you on Cornell, but I know that historically Georgetown issues decisions on EA transfer applicants in late-April/early-May.

heartlessjester

New

Post by heartlessjester » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:27 am

I'm curious, but is it worth transferring to Cornell with no OCI purely for prestige if you are EECS based ip and plan on finding employment through SIPJF,SF ip job fair, or PLIP?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”