T25 ----> T6/UChicago ED? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gunesli3

New

T25 ----> T6/UChicago ED?

Post by gunesli3 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:08 am

I'm currently at a T25 with a 3.72 GPA (top 10%) and I'm looking to transfer to a T6. UChicago fits my goals perfectly (federal clerkship to transactional BigLaw.) I'm a non-traditional student with considerable work experience.
- Is applying Chicago ED a good decision given my stats or should I wait to apply RD, hoping to improve my GPA?
- I know I didn't put my best effort into 1L fall and I'm working a lot smarter now, so I'm confident I can maintain/raise my GPA
Given that, as much as UChicago fits my goals, should I hold out and gamble on a GPA improvement to apply RD to the rest of the T6 (particularly HYS?)

Thanks in advance!

objctnyrhnr

Re: T25 ----> T6/UChicago ED?

Post by objctnyrhnr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:43 pm

Why would you want to fedclerk in order to go to something other than litigation?

gunesli3

New

Post by gunesli3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 am

objctnyrhnr wrote:Why would you want to fedclerk in order to go to something other than litigation?
I originally planned on going into to litigation (hence clerkship goal), but have experienced confidence issues with oral advocacy, while excelling at negotiations and finding myself naturally drawn to subjects like contracts (hence transactional focus now). I'm still a 1L and I'm still working out what I really want to do so I'm trying to keep all my options open and potentially transfer to a school that would allow me to do that :)

toast and bananas

Bronze

Post by toast and bananas » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:42 am

My line of sight on this isn't what it used to be but i'm not sure that you'd be competitive for HYS even with improved grades. In any case, UChicago ED is a great option if you'd be happy going there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”