Transfer chances, sorry Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
notabigfanofcivpro

New

Transfer chances, sorry

Post by notabigfanofcivpro » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 am

Hey, everyone. I go to a TTT school in the southeast with a pretty good regional reputation, but I'm looking to work in a larger market somewhere else. Applied to the University of Alabama, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and Georgetown. Let me know what you think my odds are, please.

I'm fairly certain all but one of these is a looooooong shot.

------------------
TTT
Top 15%
Military - I'm not sure if this helps, but I don't see it hurting.

els18

New

Re: Transfer chances, sorry

Post by els18 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 am

Have you considered applying to Emory? They traditionally take a lot of transfers with your stats. And Atlanta is awesome!

notabigfanofcivpro

New

Post by notabigfanofcivpro » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:44 pm

For anyone who sees this in the future and has similar stats, I was accepted into UA on 3/1/2019.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Congrats on Alabama!

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:22 pm

notabigfanofcivpro wrote:For anyone who sees this in the future and has similar stats, I was accepted into UA on 3/1/2019.
Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

heartlessjester

New

Post by heartlessjester » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:24 am

I second the Emory thing. Congrats on your acceptance though. Just out of curiosity did you hear anything from Vandy/get an interview? I don't see them accepting you EA from a ttt based on their typical 509 T1 preference, but am curious since you do have a higher gpa/rank than me though my school is a T1.

notabigfanofcivpro

New

Post by notabigfanofcivpro » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:31 pm

heartlessjester wrote:I second the Emory thing. Congrats on your acceptance though. Just out of curiosity did you hear anything from Vandy/get an interview? I don't see them accepting you EA from a ttt based on their typical 509 T1 preference, but am curious since you do have a higher gpa/rank than me though my school is a T1.

Have yet to hear back from Vandy, but I agree w/ you in that I'll likely get deferred. Will keep you updated!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”