transfer chances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gabbygirl

New

transfer chances

Post by gabbygirl » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:16 am

Hi! I am currently a 1L at Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham AL. I am originally from the northeast and would like to move home. I am 33/1XX and that puts me at 23%. What are my chances for Brooklyn, Cardozo, BC, UConn? Any others I might have a shot at?

cavalier1138

Re: transfer chances

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:19 am

I assume you have a chance at some of the lower-ranked schools on your list, but I'm confused about your situation. You're attending a school that places its graduates in Alabama and the surrounding area. You're focusing on schools that definitely don't place there (but are also going to cost a lot of money and not get you great placement in the Northeast). So what are you hoping to get out of transferring?

QContinuum

Re: transfer chances

Post by QContinuum » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:15 am

cavalier1138 wrote:I assume you have a chance at some of the lower-ranked schools on your list, but I'm confused about your situation. You're attending a school that places its graduates in Alabama and the surrounding area. You're focusing on schools that definitely don't place there (but are also going to cost a lot of money and not get you great placement in the Northeast). So what are you hoping to get out of transferring?
It sounds to me like OP is regretting their decision to matriculate at Cumberland. They say the Northeast is home for them, so presumably they have now decided they want to practice in the Northeast post-graduation.

But OP needs to decide whether they want to practice in NYC, CT, or Boston. Brooklyn/Cardozo aren't going to get OP to Boston. I'm very doubtful that top quarter at an unranked law school would be enough to get OP into BC, one of the stronger T1s - OP can certainly try, but I think the odds are unlikely.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”