Howard Law Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Howard Law

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:53 pm

Hello, I am currently a 1l. I do not want to disclose my law school but it is T3 school. Besides the fact that I willingly went to a T3 school I now want to transfer to a DC law school where I feel I will be given better opportunities. I specifically have Howard Law in mind as it is #6 in regards to OCI. However, I can't find any reviews on it. Other than the school being known for producing successful African American Attorneys there are no reviews from other students. So if anyone knows anything about that school that would be greatly appreciated. I would specifically like to know if it would be a good idea to even transfer there in the first place. Will I be closed off to OCI's being that I would be a transfer student? Will I be closed off to law review/moot court. I know that I would essentially have to start all over but will I be at a disadvantage to other 1L's even though all law school students take the same classes the first year? Any information will help. Thank you!

Return to “Transfers”