Transfer to George Washington questions Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Wjd1924

New

Transfer to George Washington questions

Post by Wjd1924 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Just received 1st-semester grades from the University of Maryland Law.

A- 2 credits
B+ 4 credits
B 3 credits
C+ 4 credits
C+ 3 credits

Out of 4.33 / 16 credits in total
so, what are my chances to transfer into the George Washing Law from Current GPA?
And probability of getting a 1L summer internship from mid-law firm within the DMV area?

Thanks for your inputs...

cavalier1138

Re: Transfer to George Washington questions

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:51 pm

What's your actual GPA and class rank with those numbers? Don't make lawyers/law students do math.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:17 am

cavalier1138 wrote:What's your actual GPA and class rank with those numbers? Don't make lawyers/law students do math.
Without doing much math I think 14/16 credits at a generous 3.0 is not transfer territory.

<3waitlists

New

Post by <3waitlists » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:00 am

Npret wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:What's your actual GPA and class rank with those numbers? Don't make lawyers/law students do math.
Without doing much math I think 14/16 credits at a generous 3.0 is not transfer territory.
agreed w a link below you might find helpful. stats suggest 3.0 is too low. GW has apparently also been shrinking its transfer class in recent past. 3.33 gets you to a good fighting chance, so you're not out of the game yet!

https://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blo ... -2017.html

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:09 pm

You're in the bottom half. https://www2.law.umaryland.edu/employer ... ading.html. I'd consider dropping out if you don't pick it up next semester, much less worry about transferring. Push to improve to at least a 3.44.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”