Transfer question to Harvard Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gtmort

New

Transfer question to Harvard

Post by gtmort » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Now, this is all predicated on me getting the grades I want to get, which i havnt got back yet. Im current attending BU. My scholarship from said school is about 120,000 of 150,000. And If i get the residential assistance position i want, my cost of living will shrink to almost nothing for years two and three.
Heres my question, I know Harvard law school only has need based aid. And I come from a family where essentially all assets and income are essentially 0. So, how much max would Harvard law give out if i luckily managed to get accepted? Typically how much does the school require students to take out loan wise?
I wont transfer anywhere else, since Id essentially be denied all scholarships from any other school save Harvard.
If i get the grades to transfer , would it even be worth transferring? Since getting the grades to get into Harvard would essentially mean you are the top of your class, which would bring me to many places anyway.

QContinuum

Re: Transfer question to Harvard

Post by QContinuum » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 pm

This is all a bit premature, because no disrespect to you, OP, but you're statistically very unlikely to do well enough to be able to transfer to Harvard. Though if you do do well enough, then I'd certainly be in favor of transferring. Harvard will open vastly more doors than BU, both now and in the future (never underestimate the legal industry's obsession with prestige).

As for financial aid, I believe the other T13s, particularly the T6, also award need-based aid, though I confess I'm not sure whether they award such aid to transfer students. Worth checking, in any case (it's only 13 schools to check).

Lolstudent

New

Re: Transfer question to Harvard

Post by Lolstudent » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm

I'll spare you the discussion about jumping the gun because the previous poster already addressed it.

Yes, I think a transfer would be worth it. Harvard even at sticker is a justifiable, though not great, decision. You would not be paying sticker with your financial situation. I was in a similar boat and pulled the trigger. PM me for specifics regarding $$$

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”