WUSTL worth transferring to for 100k? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
acr

Silver

Re: WUSTL worth transferring to for 100k?

Post by acr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:01 am

Not worth it IMO.

The entire point of transferring up is to have better job prospects at OCI. You already have a job lined up, so there's really no reason to transfer.

You have much more control over your schedule during 2L and 3L so try to accommodate your commute better next year. See if your school has any externships available where you could work in St. Louis for credit, or cram all your classes into Monday/Tuesday to reduce the number of days you have to commute.

The comfort of a shorter commute is not worth 100K.

NonTradinStLou

New

Re: WUSTL worth transferring to for 100k?

Post by NonTradinStLou » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:07 am

Thank you for your input. Yeah, that's what all my friends and family members are saying -- they don't think it's worth a 100K increase in cost. I'm going to email the school to see if I can rearrange my classes in a different way starting next year, or take summer classes or something.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”