Motivational stories about transfering Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Motivational stories about transfering

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:36 am

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any motivational stories about transfering they wouldn’t mind sharing. In particular stories about getting dinged at some schools and then getting accepted to other schools. I received a couple dings yesterday and seeking out some hope for some of my other applications. Thanks and look forward to reading anything :)

notellewoods

Bronze

Re: Motivational stories about transfering

Post by notellewoods » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:40 am

Hi! Fellow transfer applicant here. Don't lose hope! I got waitlisted at Georgetown yesterday and dinged from USC but I got an acceptance at Northwestern on the same day. Sometimes, doors close so a better one can open.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:38 pm

notellewoods wrote:Hi! Fellow transfer applicant here. Don't lose hope! I got waitlisted at Georgetown yesterday and dinged from USC but I got an acceptance at Northwestern on the same day. Sometimes, doors close so a better one can open.
Congrats!!! And thank you this gives me hope.

Luckluck1234

New

Post by Luckluck1234 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 am

Would love to read more of these motivational stories in 2019! Anyone willing to share?

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Here's one from TLSer hdshap in the Georgetown transfer thread this cycle!
QContinuum wrote:
hdshap wrote:Just got my [acceptance] letter as well. Yey.
Congrats!! An object lesson to all of us to not overanalyze things:
hdshap wrote:I called back with my name and they said I would receive a decision in the next week or two (with a very dull voice on the other end). While not completely giving up hope, I think that means I was rejected if they let other students know.
Looks like the person who picked up the call never even bothered to check your admission status and just gave you a generic "wait for the mail" response.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”