Admitted to Georgetown, chance for others / what now Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
brunocarneiro

New

Admitted to Georgetown, chance for others / what now

Post by brunocarneiro » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Just got into Gtown yesterday, having trouble deciding my next move.

I have a 3.47 from Miami Law, which puts me in the top 15 or 20%. I'm a special case in that I'm an international student, have a unique background and have a really good relationship with my profs, so probably the recommendations and essay were what got me in. Just applied to Columbia and NYU, but no dean's certifications / transfer forms so I don't even know if they will start considering me. I have a week before I have to make the deposit at Gtown - did not get law review in my current school, but I do have a full ride.

Objective is hopefully biglaw in Miami, but I would take NY or DC. No idea what to do. Thoughts?

Return to “Transfers”