Penn Law transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Penn Law transfer

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Decided to start this thread - my application went under review this week.

laws1234tudent1234

New

Re: Penn Law transfer

Post by laws1234tudent1234 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Still under review, 5% at T1.

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Went under review two days ago. Do they still do interviews?

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:Went under review two days ago. Do they still do interviews?

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18
They definitely do interviews.

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:Went under review two days ago. Do they still do interviews?

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18
Did you have one already?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:32 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18
Edit 2: Apparently PMs are no more. You went UR 6/26? Did you have a UR2 date of 6/27? There at least 3 people from my class that have applied- one has interviewed and been admitted and another has scheduled an interview.
Last edited by Legallylawyer2020 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18
Edit 2: Apparently PMs are no more. You went UR 6/26? Did you have a UR2 date of 6/27? There at least 3 people from my class that have applied- at least one has interviewed and been admitted and another has scheduled an interview.
This forum doesn't allow that anymore.
Last edited by LawSchoolGeeky on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:42 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18
Edit 2: Apparently PMs are no more. You went UR 6/26? Did you have a UR2 date of 6/27? There at least 3 people from my class that have applied- at least one has interviewed and been admitted and another has scheduled an interview.
This forum doesn't allow that anymore. I created an anonymous email you can PM me at. Poorwinston@gmail.com
I just edited my post to include the information.

I know of two other people from my class that have applied. One interviewed and was admitted, the other scheduled an interview.

Did you go UR1 on 6/26? Any chance you had a UR2 date 6/27?

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18
This forum doesn't allow that anymore. I created an anonymous email you can PM me at. Poorwinston@gmail.com

I know of two other people from my class that have applied. One interviewed and was admitted, the other scheduled an interview.

Oh okay interesting. Idk what UR1 and UR2 means. I got an email that my app was complete and under review on 6/26.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18

Oh okay interesting. Idk what UR1 and UR2 means. I got an email that my app was complete and under review on 6/26.
Oh, ok. So if you check the online status checker you'll go from "application complete" (which is what you were on 6/26) to "application under committee review" with a date change. Then once you're under review, you can have additional date changes while your status is still "application under committee review". The first date your application is "under committee review" is what i meant by UR1. The first date change after that would be UR2.

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18

Oh okay got it. I just checked my status checker for the first time today but it says "under committee review" with date 6/27. So I guess it's still early. Is the interview intense?

kams18

New

Post by kams18 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18

Hi! Would you mind sharing their stats and when they applied? I've been UR since 6/21 and am kind of getting nervous

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:04 pm

kams18 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

TT, top 1%, GPA 4.18

Hi! Would you mind sharing their stats and when they applied? I've been UR since 6/21 and am kind of getting nervous
Not comfortable sharing other people's stats...and I honestly wouldn't be able to give exact GPAs anyway. We go to a strong T1 and our top 10% cut off was a 3.67, if that helps.

Edit: we all applied the week the apps were due.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kams18

New

Post by kams18 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:08 pm

ok--just mean that if they are top 10% etc as I have similar stats. but understand if you can't say more. thanks!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:15 pm

kams18 wrote:ok--just mean that if they are top 10% etc as I have similar stats. but understand if you can't say more. thanks!
One is definitely top 10% and one is outside top 10% but way above top 25% (our school only does top 10, 25, 33, 50 gpa cutoffs/approximate percentiles)

bananasandall

New

Post by bananasandall » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 am

Had an interview a week ago (last Monday) and received a phone call and email on Wednesday that I was accepted. Super happy to hear, but also heard from NYU two days later, and now I am torn. Penn's window for acceptance is really short (a week) and they want their deposit submitted by the mail by check or money order.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”