made a mistake in resume Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

made a mistake in resume

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:50 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thesilentzone

New

Re: made a mistake in resume - 5# or #5

Post by thesilentzone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:58 pm

I don’t think it’s a big deal, especially if it was done intentionally and not a typo. How did you figure out your ranking btw?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:02 pm

thesilentzone wrote:I don’t think it’s a big deal, especially if it was done intentionally and not a typo. How did you figure out your ranking btw?
What do you mean? The correct usage of # should be before the number, not after. So I do not understand your point of it being done intentionally.
My school ranks top 12 students after 1L. So basically only 12 persons know their rankings.

thesilentzone

New

Post by thesilentzone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Oh your original post made it sound like you intentionally wrote it that way without knowing that the pound sign should come first. I figured you were foreign or something. I feel like sending them a new version would only call attention to the error. I would only do it if the school portal allows upload of new files like Harvard, which i assume you’re applying to.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:16 pm

thesilentzone wrote:Oh your original post made it sound like you intentionally wrote it that way without knowing that the pound sign should come first. I figured you were foreign or something. I feel like sending them a new version would only call attention to the error. I would only do it if the school portal allows upload of new files like Harvard, which i assume you’re applying to.
Yeah, you got it right. I am foreign. lol. But I do not think it is justifiable just because I did it intentionally. Panicking now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

criminaltheory

Bronze

Post by criminaltheory » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 pm

if I saw this i'd think the typo was intending to say 5% rather than #5. But I wouldn't panic about it.

thesilentzone

New

Post by thesilentzone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Yeah it’s definitely nothing to panic about. Your numbers are amazing. You’re gonna crush the transfer cycle. Where did you apply?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:36 pm

thesilentzone wrote:Yeah it’s definitely nothing to panic about. Your numbers are amazing. You’re gonna crush the transfer cycle. Where did you apply?
lol. I just hope they would not hold that against me that much. It kinda shows I am careless. I am thinking about updating through HLS's online portal but I am not sure how it would make me look like. I hope they only care about the numbers.
HYS. I have great scholarship in my current school so I am willing to give it up only for the top schools.

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:21 pm

FWIW, in the future, I would go with "No. 5" in this circumstance.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm

WinterComing wrote:FWIW, in the future, I would go with "No. 5" in this circumstance.
Do you think it is a big mistake? I am thinking about calling the school.

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
WinterComing wrote:FWIW, in the future, I would go with "No. 5" in this circumstance.
Do you think it is a big mistake? I am thinking about calling the school.
I do not think it is a big mistake. I would not try to draw attention to it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”