Columbia 2018 Transfer Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Jonesy2020

New

Re: Columbia 2018 Transfer Thread

Post by Jonesy2020 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:00 pm

bananasandall wrote:
Jonesy2020 wrote:Does anyone know the deposit deadline for those admitted?
the 11th, i believe.
Thanks!

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Was that it for acceptance notifications?

nicoleheather

New

Post by nicoleheather » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Application complete as of today.

lawschooltransfer

New

Post by lawschooltransfer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Admitted today at 1 pm. #2 at school between 50-60. Extensive work experience. Went complete 6/27.

OrangeGrandma

New

Post by OrangeGrandma » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Any movement this week?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vl78

New

Post by vl78 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Not over here... went complete on Friday. Let's hope we hear something soon!

nicoleheather

New

Post by nicoleheather » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:22 pm

OrangeGrandma wrote:Any movement this week?
Email acceptance this afternoon

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Did you all receive email when your app went complete?

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:50 pm

kengh wrote:Did you all receive email when your app went complete?
I did.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ReganSays

New

Post by ReganSays » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Nope. My acceptance came before I got an app complete email. I got the app complete email two days after I got my acceptance.

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 pm

ReganSays wrote:
Nope. My acceptance came before I got an app complete email. I got the app complete email two days after I got my acceptance.

Oh okay. Thank you. They finally received my stuff from my school yesterday, I was just worried since I hadn’t received an app complete email. Congrats btw. Are you going here?

gisi

New

Post by gisi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 am

Will everyone go to their orientation? Is it mandatory?

TransferTossAway

New

Post by TransferTossAway » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am

gisi wrote:Will everyone go to their orientation? Is it mandatory?
It is worded as pretty mandatory. I'm sure if you have some reason you cannot go that it will be okay. I will be going in all likelihood, and I think it's probably pretty valuable to go to (i.e. meet the people in the same boat as you)... seems like a school that it's easy to get lost in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Robert Vaco

New

Post by Robert Vaco » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am

So annoying! I called and emailed a few weeks ago asking about the fact that a couple of the boxes on the check application status remained unchecked to which they answered not to worry because they were having technical problems and said I probably wasn't missing anything. Today I called again and they finally told me that I was missing a couple of things from a school I attended briefly as an undergrad and that they could not review my application until I got it to them. So irritating!

If anyone might be in the same boat, make sure that they are not missing the components now. Their whole claim telling you not to call them and that they will contact you if they need more stuff is BS. Be proactive and find out what they don't have quick!

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:00 am

Robert Vaco wrote:So annoying! I called and emailed a few weeks ago asking about the fact that a couple of the boxes on the check application status remained unchecked to which they answered not to worry because they were having technical problems and said I probably wasn't missing anything. Today I called again and they finally told me that I was missing a couple of things from a school I attended briefly as an undergrad and that they could not review my application until I got it to them. So irritating!

If anyone might be in the same boat, make sure that they are not missing the components now. Their whole claim telling you not to call them and that they will contact you if they need more stuff is BS. Be proactive and find out what they don't have quick!
same thing happened to me. I found out a couple of days ago when I called.

Robert Vaco

New

Post by Robert Vaco » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:13 am

I'm tempted to just take my Berkeley offer and try to demand a refund from Columbia and NYU. It feels like they have definitely failed in some obligation to people that are paying them. The fact that they outright state that they will contact you if information is missing really feels like misfeasance.

OrangeGrandma

New

Post by OrangeGrandma » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 am

Robert Vaco wrote:So annoying! I called and emailed a few weeks ago asking about the fact that a couple of the boxes on the check application status remained unchecked to which they answered not to worry because they were having technical problems and said I probably wasn't missing anything. Today I called again and they finally told me that I was missing a couple of things from a school I attended briefly as an undergrad and that they could not review my application until I got it to them. So irritating!

Did you receive the complete email?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Robert Vaco

New

Post by Robert Vaco » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am

OrangeGrandma wrote:

Did you receive the complete email?
No, just the initial components received email. When I emailed and called asking about the unchecked boxes they said don't worry and they will contact me if they haven't received anything.

connordalto

Bronze

Post by connordalto » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Applying this weekend, #4 at a T30 w/ law review. Think they have a spot left for me?

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:37 pm

connordalto wrote:Applying this weekend, #4 at a T30 w/ law review. Think they have a spot left for me?
I just withdrew my application today. Good luck all!

speck2018

New

Post by speck2018 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 am

odds we hear back today? it'll be pretty late, OCI wise, if next week...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Robert Vaco

New

Post by Robert Vaco » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:54 am

Just got an acceptance via email

T20 Top 16%

Finally got all my stuff yesterday.

Need to decide between Berkeley and Columbia.

Robert Vaco

New

Post by Robert Vaco » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm

I paid the deposit. Anyone want to send me their facebook info so we can get a facebook group started?

ojpossum

New

Post by ojpossum » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm

kengh wrote:

same thing happened to me. I found out a couple of days ago when I called.
Yeah so annoying! I think it depends on who you call. I was calling in the late afternoon (around 3:30-4) and every time I called around then I was told that I'll receive an email if they're missing anything (which I never got) and to just wait for them to review my app. I call again this time around 1 PM and I had Winston who was superrrr helpful! He actually agreed to pull up my app and let me know what's missing. It's annoying because I called for two weeks before and got other people who told me to just sit back and wait and there was nothing I could or should do. Then Winston this past Thursday tells me my app is missing a ugrad dean's certification and they couldn't review my app until they received that. He also said they could accept an email of it to speed up the review process so long as a hard copy was coming. I got it all done on Thursday, but still no word from Columbia. My app still says incomplete and I have a NYU deposit deadline on Wednesday :/

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Anyone called and asked when more decisions should be out?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”