Part Timer Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PartTimer

New

Part Timer Transfer

Post by PartTimer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm

I'm a part time student at a TTTT school. I applied to jobs in DC hoping to have better part time law school opportunities. I'm in the final round for a position in DC, and would love to transfer to Mason. I'm on the edge of their 75th percentile GPA, I don't know my class rank but in the fall it was top 10%. I know that typically softs aren't a huge factor in transferring, but since I"m a part time student I hoped that the fact that I have been a federal employee for 8 years, have a decent resume (am a GS-13, which is pretty ok for someone in their 20s), and my career goals are in line with the market that Mason serves maybe I stand a snowball's chance in hell this late in the game. Everything is due 1 July.

How should I talk about my career in my personal statement? I'm potentially moving to DC to take this new job, but only if everything works out. Any suggestions? I worked in DC prior to my current position, so I have ties there and see my future being there - I made a mistake by leaving the area.

Return to “Transfers”