GULC/Georgetown RD 2018 (class of 2020) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BOSStongrl

New

Re: GULC/Georgetown RD 2018 (class of 2020)

Post by BOSStongrl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Questions123 wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:For those of you that have been accepted, did GULC tell you when the deadline is to participate in EIW? Bidding ends on the 29th but hoping there's an extension for transfers
In my email they gave me the same deadline! It just said I would have to accept by then in order to participate. That seems early!!
Thanks for letting me know! Yeah that seems CRAZY early. In the past the deadline was around July 8th. Hopefully admissions will get all the acceptances out asap

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 am

DickWhitman wrote:
SomewhatLearnedHand wrote:Congrats to all admitted, and a word of advice- for any of you who want big law, I'd start massmailing immediately.
What do you mean? Getting out SA apps ahead of OCI?
Yes. Either applying online or emailing their recruiting coordinator directly (which I prefer) with a cover letter and resume.

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 am

DickWhitman wrote:
SomewhatLearnedHand wrote:Congrats to all admitted, and a word of advice- for any of you who want big law, I'd start massmailing immediately.
What do you mean? Getting out SA apps ahead of OCI?
Yes. Either applying online or emailing their recruiting coordinator directly (which I prefer) with a cover letter and resume.

penncils

New

Post by penncils » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:57 am

Hoping we see some movement today! Would love to know either way so that I can stop obsessively checking my email

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:11 pm

penncils wrote:Hoping we see some movement today! Would love to know either way so that I can stop obsessively checking my email
Same! If I have to wait for the whole weekend I might lose my mind. But judging by past threads it looks like a lot of movement happens on Friday's.

But a reminder for everyone: please post your stats if you are accepted OR denied. Future applicants will thank you

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rhal22

New

Post by rhal22 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:27 pm

hey, did you guys submit your official transcript through LSAC? my transcript was delivered approximately one week ago, but it hasn’t been processed yet. any idea if I can send an eTranscript directly to gulc? thanks in advance.

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:07 pm

rhal22 wrote:hey, did you guys submit your official transcript through LSAC? my transcript was delivered approximately one week ago, but it hasn’t been processed yet. any idea if I can send an eTranscript directly to gulc? thanks in advance.
I sent my transcript directly to GULC. I submitted my app maybe a day after it was sent, and once I got my login for the status checker it said they received my transcript already. So i'd assume it'd be fine. But I also sent my letter of good standing the exact same time as I sent my transcript, and that has yet to be processed. Either way I think it's just taking them a VERY long time to process things (also sent my unofficial transcript over a week ago via email and they have yet to update that they received it). But hopefully others can provide some insight

rhal22

New

Post by rhal22 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:19 pm

BOSStongrl wrote:
rhal22 wrote:hey, did you guys submit your official transcript through LSAC? my transcript was delivered approximately one week ago, but it hasn’t been processed yet. any idea if I can send an eTranscript directly to gulc? thanks in advance.
I sent my transcript directly to GULC. I submitted my app maybe a day after it was sent, and once I got my login for the status checker it said they received my transcript already. So i'd assume it'd be fine. But I also sent my letter of good standing the exact same time as I sent my transcript, and that has yet to be processed. Either way I think it's just taking them a VERY long time to process things (also sent my unofficial transcript over a week ago via email and they have yet to update that they received it). But hopefully others can provide some insight
thank you for your response. did you send them your transcript electronically, or did you mail them a physical copy?

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 pm

rhal22 wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:
thank you for your response. did you send them your transcript electronically, or did you mail them a physical copy?
My school sent them a physical copy and overnighted it with my letter of good standing. GULC should have received both by the 13th. Other schools I applied to (and sent my materials to at the same time as GULC) have all gone complete, so that's why i'm thinking GULC is just backed up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

penncils

New

Post by penncils » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm

BOSStongrl wrote:
penncils wrote:Hoping we see some movement today! Would love to know either way so that I can stop obsessively checking my email
Same! If I have to wait for the whole weekend I might lose my mind. But judging by past threads it looks like a lot of movement happens on Friday's.

But a reminder for everyone: please post your stats if you are accepted OR denied. Future applicants will thank you
Yes I noticed the Friday trend too from past years. Holding my breath as it gets closer to 6pm...

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:57 pm

BOSStongrl wrote:
rhal22 wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:
My school sent them a physical copy and overnighted it with my letter of good standing. GULC should have received both by the 13th. Other schools I applied to (and sent my materials to at the same time as GULC) have all gone complete, so that's why i'm thinking GULC is just backed up.
You might want to call and check. I applied on the 14th, received an e-mail the evening of the 16th saying they didn’t have my transcript. I emailed them an unofficial copy the morning of the 17th (they said unofficial was fine) and my status checker was updated to “complete” by the morning of the 18th.

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:
rhal22 wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:
You might want to call and check. I applied on the 14th, received an e-mail the evening of the 16th saying they didn’t have my transcript. I emailed them an unofficial copy the morning of the 17th (they said unofficial was fine) and my status checker was updated to “complete” by the morning of the 18th.
oh no that's what I was afraid of. I called them yesterday and all they said was if there was an issue that they would have emailed me about it, and then told me to email admissions (which, the last time took them 5 days to get back to me). I think I also got that email saying they were missing materials- was the subject line "Georgetown Law Transfer Application"? I also sent my unofficial transcript as well on the 17th, but my status checker never changed or stated that they received it. Im starting to think they never got my transcript or my letter of good standing, but I don't know. I'm very confused now why my application hasn't been touched

marshal124060

New

Post by marshal124060 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:38 pm

In!! Can’t believe it. Got the email a little after 5.

Stats: 3.57
TT
Top 20%
Part time

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tt777

New

Post by tt777 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:40 pm

3.78 #9 TTTT I got deferred EA so Im still holding onto hope! :(

penncils

New

Post by penncils » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:25 am

Did anybody notice a change in their status checker in between going complete and receiving a decision?

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:51 pm

Just accepted!! Had to resend all my materials via email, they got my LOR today around 1pm, completed at 3pm, address change around 4pm, and accepted at 5:30pm. Quickest turn around ever. I'm so excited I can't believe it!

Stats:
TTT
top 5%

DickWhitman

New

Post by DickWhitman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm

BOSStongrl wrote:Just accepted!! Had to resend all my materials via email, they got my LOR today around 1pm, completed at 3pm, address change around 4pm, and accepted at 5:30pm. Quickest turn around ever. I'm so excited I can't believe it!

Stats:
TTT
top 5%

Congrats!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:50 pm

DickWhitman wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:Just accepted!! Had to resend all my materials via email, they got my LOR today around 1pm, completed at 3pm, address change around 4pm, and accepted at 5:30pm. Quickest turn around ever. I'm so excited I can't believe it!

Stats:
TTT
top 5%

Congrats!
Thanks so much!! :D hope to see you in the fall!

qwer123456789

New

Post by qwer123456789 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:22 pm

Stats:
TTT
top 5%
Why did you have to resend all your material?

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Stats:
TTT
top 5%
What does the address change look like?

rhal22

New

Post by rhal22 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:46 pm

qwer123456789 wrote:

Stats:
TTT
top 5%

congrats! have you received instructions regarding symplicity account creation?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:53 pm

qwer123456789 wrote:

Stats:
TTT
top 5%
unfortunately i sent my materials BEFORE sending in my application on LSAC, and I think my materials got lost in the shuffle. My application sat incomplete for weeks. once I resent everything, the same day that it was sent, my application went complete.

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

Stats:
TTT
top 5%
On the status checker where my mailing address was (top left), it originally said " __ Ave., Apt. 3" and then changed to "__ Avenue, Apartment 3". Apparently when this happens that means your application is under review and that you'll be receiving a decision shortly- for me it was an hour later but typically I think it's a day or so.

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:56 pm

rhal22 wrote:
qwer123456789 wrote:

Stats:
TTT
top 5%

congrats! have you received instructions regarding symplicity account creation?
Thanks!! I actually JUST got it about 20 minutes ago. I have no idea what to do though, so i'll be searching some past threads to figure everything out. I also got an email about the write on competition- which I am DREADING. So i've been very overwhelmed with all this information

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:02 pm

BOSStongrl wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

Stats:
TTT
top 5%
On the status checker where my mailing address was (top left), it originally said " __ Ave., Apt. 3" and then changed to "__ Avenue, Apartment 3". Apparently when this happens that means your application is under review and that you'll be receiving a decision shortly- for me it was an hour later but typically I think it's a day or so.
Sorry for another question, but does your status checker show that a decision was made? I have a full address but nothing with decision etc.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”