NYU 2018 Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
notellewoods

Bronze

Re: NYU 2018 Transfer

Post by notellewoods » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:32 am

bananasandall wrote:In case folks are looking for an update - first round of acceptances went out. Applied on 6/14, application was complete about 1.5 weeks after and received a phone call of acceptance on Friday 6/29. Top 6% at a school in the 70-90s ranking with strong softs and significant work experience. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Do you go to a regional school?

sahara1128

New

Post by sahara1128 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 am

vl78 wrote:
sahara1128 wrote:Got the call from NYU today, made the cut! I submitted my application on June 9th, I went complete (sometime around) June 20th. For reference, top 1% at T1.

Best of luck, all! I hope your wait comes to an end soon.
Congrats Sahara & OrangeGrandma! Sahara, did you get reviewed twice before getting accepted?
I have no idea. I stopped checking the status checker once I saw my application was complete.

bananasandall

New

Post by bananasandall » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 pm

notellewoods wrote:
bananasandall wrote:In case folks are looking for an update - first round of acceptances went out. Applied on 6/14, application was complete about 1.5 weeks after and received a phone call of acceptance on Friday 6/29. Top 6% at a school in the 70-90s ranking with strong softs and significant work experience. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Do you go to a regional school?
Yup. At a NY school.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Hey guys! I have a question. I got into Northwestern on Friday and have until this Friday at noon to put down a non-refundable deposit or I lose my seat. NYU is my first choice. Should I call the admissions office at NYU or Northwestern? I really, really don't want to put down a deposit and then lose it.

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:36 pm

notellewoods wrote:Hey guys! I have a question. I got into Northwestern on Friday and have until this Friday at noon to put down a non-refundable deposit or I lose my seat. NYU is my first choice. Should I call the admissions office at NYU or Northwestern? I really, really don't want to put down a deposit and then lose it.
You can try but 1000 or whatever it is nothing in the long run.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:21 am

kengh wrote:
notellewoods wrote:Hey guys! I have a question. I got into Northwestern on Friday and have until this Friday at noon to put down a non-refundable deposit or I lose my seat. NYU is my first choice. Should I call the admissions office at NYU or Northwestern? I really, really don't want to put down a deposit and then lose it.
You can try but 1000 or whatever it is nothing in the long run.
Yeah, that's true.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:42 pm

Does NYU have three rounds of acceptances? From what I understand, only the first round has gone out?

Jonesy2020

New

Post by Jonesy2020 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Does anyone know when the deposit deadline is for those accepted last week?

bananasandall

New

Post by bananasandall » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:57 am

Jonesy2020 wrote:Does anyone know when the deposit deadline is for those accepted last week?
I was told we had until the 12th.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jonesy2020

New

Post by Jonesy2020 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:17 am

bananasandall wrote:
Jonesy2020 wrote:Does anyone know when the deposit deadline is for those accepted last week?
I was told we had until the 12th.
Great - Thanks!

nls336

New

Post by nls336 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:10 am

notellewoods wrote:Does NYU have three rounds of acceptances? From what I understand, only the first round has gone out?

pretty sure they might be gearing up for a second round of acceptances -- went under review for the second time today maybe like an hour ago? i don't know if that MEANS anything but based on TLS patterns it might say that they're going through candidates for round two? I don't think they're waiting for the first deposit deadline to pass for those students, it seemed like last year the second round came out on the same day that the deposit deadline was supposed to pass suggesting that the decisions were made before they knew who from the first round woud be joining their class

nicoleheather

New

Post by nicoleheather » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 pm

If status is "decision letter sent" and you can log on to admitted students page, but haven't received a call is that a ding? *impatient poster*

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:44 pm

nicoleheather wrote:If status is "decision letter sent" and you can log on to admitted students page, but haven't received a call is that a ding? *impatient poster*
If you can log on to the admitted students page, then shouldn't that mean that you were admitted?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TransferTossAway

New

Post by TransferTossAway » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:46 pm

notellewoods wrote:
nicoleheather wrote:If status is "decision letter sent" and you can log on to admitted students page, but haven't received a call is that a ding? *impatient poster*
If you can log on to the admitted students page, then shouldn't that mean that you were admitted?
Tend to agree. It doesn't seem to make sense otherwise. I'm not sure why I fell into the temptation to try after seeing this post but am in the same exact boat.

Went UR on the 3rd (maybe it was an update, I don't recall), DLS today in the late morning, and can log into the site but no call or email as of yet.

Hope this helps anyone still waiting on information.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:00 pm

TransferTossAway wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Tend to agree. It doesn't seem to make sense otherwise. I'm not sure why I fell into the temptation to try after seeing this post but am in the same exact boat.

Went UR on the 3rd (maybe it was an update, I don't recall), DLS today in the late morning, and can log into the site but no call or email as of yet.

They might be still wrapping up making decisions and are going to call everyone later today.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:00 pm

TransferTossAway wrote:
notellewoods wrote:

They might be still wrapping up making decisions and are going to call everyone later today.

nicoleheather

New

Post by nicoleheather » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:08 pm

TransferTossAway wrote:
notellewoods wrote:

Also went under UR2 on the 3rd. Thanks for updating!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OrangeGrandma

New

Post by OrangeGrandma » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:20 pm

If you can log in the admitted student page, you are in! I got the phone call several hours after I could log in. It takes a while for the Admissions office to reach to every student.

nls336

New

Post by nls336 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm

nicoleheather wrote:
TransferTossAway wrote:
notellewoods wrote:

would you mind sharing your stats and/or approximations of stats?

TransferTossAway

New

Post by TransferTossAway » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Peer-ish school transferring primarily personal reasons... in the range of schools where going to NYU would probably, at most, confer network advantages (bigger school, lots more people in NYC) from a career standpoint.

No rank/%ile. Unsubstantiated guess would be top 10%-25%.

nicoleheather

New

Post by nicoleheather » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:46 pm

nls336 wrote:
nicoleheather wrote:
TransferTossAway wrote:
notellewoods wrote:

would you mind sharing your stats and/or approximations of stats?[/quote]

T14 (Duke/Northwestern/GU), 3.5 (not sure about class ranking), URM, 1L Summer Associate at V25
Last edited by nicoleheather on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

suckmysolidsnake

New

Post by suckmysolidsnake » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 pm

TransferTossAway wrote:Peer-ish school transferring primarily personal reasons... in the range of schools where going to NYU would probably, at most, confer network advantages (bigger school, lots more people in NYC) from a career standpoint.

No rank/%ile. Unsubstantiated guess would be top 10%-25%.
when you say peer-ish and no rank, are you referring to a school not necessarily in NY, but in the market?

bellissimae

New

Post by bellissimae » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Hey everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks.

I checked my status this morning and it said "Decision letter sent" and I was able to log into the Admitted Students website. I also haven't gotten the call yet.

For the record, my stats are top 25% at a T25 with very strong ties to NY. (Native New Yorker, judicial internship in NY, went to NYU for undergrad).

nls336

New

Post by nls336 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Just went DLS, no clue if i was accepted -- tried the ASW but i'm pretty sure it just happened less than an hour ago so i'm not sure that backdoor will work yet if it's good news

TransferTossAway

New

Post by TransferTossAway » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:21 pm

suckmysolidsnake wrote: when you say peer-ish and no rank, are you referring to a school not necessarily in NY, but in the market?
Sorry if it was unclear...

Peer-ish means T14. I prefer not to be any more specific but apologies for being unclear initially.

Rank refers to my rank within my school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”