NYU 2018 Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TransferTossAway

New

Re: NYU 2018 Transfer

Post by TransferTossAway » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Just got called and am in. See above posts for information. Could log in somewhat shortly after DLS.

Good luck all. Hope the information helps.

bellissimae

New

Post by bellissimae » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

I am sorry to the person who PMed me about my timeline. I just made my account so it seems I cannot send private messages just yet.

I unfortunately do not know how long it took for me from DLS to being able to log onto the website! I checked my status checker around 1:20PM EST today and then went to check the website immediately after and was bale to get in.

Sorry it's not very helpful!

nls336

New

Post by nls336 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 pm

bellissimae wrote:I am sorry to the person who PMed me about my timeline. I just made my account so it seems I cannot send private messages just yet.

I unfortunately do not know how long it took for me from DLS to being able to log onto the website! I checked my status checker around 1:20PM EST today and then went to check the website immediately after and was bale to get in.

Sorry it's not very helpful!

It was me!!! Timeline UR1 6/11 UR2 7/5 DLS 7/5 could log into ASW ~ an hour after

bellissimae

New

Post by bellissimae » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:56 pm

I got the call about 20 minutes ago! Good luck everyone!

nls336

New

Post by nls336 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Just as a bit of forewarning, I was emailed my acceptance!! Haven't gotten a call yet but am withdrawing at all other schools so hopefully that opens spaces up for people waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Did anyone who applied have an issue getting their College Questionnaire in? I sent in a request to my undergrad soon after I sent in my application on May 21 and they didn't send it out until June 20 (pretty sure they forgot). I'm really worried that it affected my prospects. I didn't go under Review until 06/29.

suckmysolidsnake

New

Post by suckmysolidsnake » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:55 pm

notellewoods wrote:Did anyone who applied have an issue getting their College Questionnaire in? I sent in a request to my undergrad soon after I sent in my application on May 21 and they didn't send it out until June 20 (pretty sure they forgot). I'm really worried that it affected my prospects. I didn't go under Review until 06/29.
So my undergrad sent the questionnaire out on the 19th. I went UR before the questionnaire box was checked off, but it wasn't until the 28th or 29th that the box was checked. Have you given them a call to ask if they possibly have it? 2 weeks seems like an awfully long time for it.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:30 pm

suckmysolidsnake wrote:
notellewoods wrote:Did anyone who applied have an issue getting their College Questionnaire in? I sent in a request to my undergrad soon after I sent in my application on May 21 and they didn't send it out until June 20 (pretty sure they forgot). I'm really worried that it affected my prospects. I didn't go under Review until 06/29.
So my undergrad sent the questionnaire out on the 19th. I went UR before the questionnaire box was checked off, but it wasn't until the 28th or 29th that the box was checked. Have you given them a call to ask if they possibly have it? 2 weeks seems like an awfully long time for it.

Yeah, so my app also went under review before the College Questionnaire box was checked. It's officially checked now but I was just concerned that it would affect the outcome of my app.

Hmd377

New

Post by Hmd377 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:04 am

Has anyone turned down an acceptance at NYU for another school, yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kumako

New

Post by kumako » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:18 am

Statues: T20 GPA 3.66 Completed on 3rd and under review on 5th. Anxiously waiting

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 pm

How do you know if you've gone under review for the second time?

nls336

New

Post by nls336 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:43 pm

notellewoods wrote:How do you know if you've gone under review for the second time?
the application status checker's date updates. it should be right under the "under review" heading

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:15 pm

nls336 wrote:
notellewoods wrote:How do you know if you've gone under review for the second time?
the application status checker's date updates. it should be right under the "under review" heading
Mine only has one date listed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nicoleheather

New

Post by nicoleheather » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:23 pm

notellewoods wrote:
nls336 wrote:

The only way I knew I went UR2 was by constantly watching the status checker - then seeing the date "under review" changed.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 pm

nicoleheather wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
nls336 wrote:

The only way I knew I went UR2 was by constantly watching the status checker - then seeing the date "under review" changed.
Oh okay, thanks! Then I think mine is UR2 because the first time it went under review was when the college questionnaire hadn't been checked off yet and then the CQ box was checked off on the 6/29, which is the UR date now. Thanks!

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:49 pm

So here's a chart of the acceptance dates so far:

First round: 06/29

Second round: 07/03

Looks like they're moving somewhat quickly so hopefully there'll be more movement next week.

greensmoothies

New

Post by greensmoothies » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi,

I cannot access to the status check...only me?
Also, do they actually start reading applications after all materials are submitted?
Because I saw some schools post on the web saying even if you do not have spring grades ready we encourage to submit other application materials...does this mean they start to read those materials first before spring grades are there?
(Otherwise, why do they put this sentence? :( )
Just wondering...
I called the office about other stuff a few times but different reps gave me different answers which confused me.
I wonder whether they have a consistent policy or...??

Thank you in advance :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ojpossum

New

Post by ojpossum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:16 pm

So stats and timeline:
T20-25; 3.77 GPA (doesn't rank but I'm assuming top 15-20%)
App Complete: 7/6
UR1: 7/9
UR2: 7/10 (justttt happened)

I had to send them an email on Fridat 7/6 to tell them I had an admission deadline for another school that was due today. Was wondering if anyone knew if DLS status happens in the evenings?

Or should I not hold my breath and hope for the best tomorrow (after paying the deposit and submitting OCI bids at another transfer school - which for what its worth I was unclear about this but I did research and I *think* you can prep for OCI at one school so long as you withdraw bids if you go elsewhere and only end up actually participating in one OCI - does anyone know for sure if this is correct?)

learnedhand22

New

Post by learnedhand22 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 am

Also noticed UR2 status update yesterday. Not sure when to expect DLS update but I see from previous posts it can take few days.

ReganSays

New

Post by ReganSays » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 am

learnedhand22 wrote:Also noticed UR2 status update yesterday. Not sure when to expect DLS update but I see from previous posts it can take few days.
Stats?

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 am

If my app went complete on 06/29 and I haven't gotten called yet, is that a bad sign? I honestly would just rather know so I can decide if I'm staying in NYC or leaving.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ojpossum

New

Post by ojpossum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:01 pm

ojpossum wrote:So stats and timeline:
T20-25; 3.77 GPA (doesn't rank but I'm assuming top 15-20%)
App Complete: 7/6
UR1: 7/9
UR2: 7/10 (justttt happened)
Update: Just got the call, I'm in! I sent an email this morning to Admissions telling them that even though the other school's admissions deposit deadline passed I'm still very interested in NYU. They never responded so I'm not sure if that made a difference. But got a phone call and email at the same time! for those wondering. About 3:40 PM Eastern today on 7/11.

vl78

New

Post by vl78 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 pm

notellewoods wrote:If my app went complete on 06/29 and I haven't gotten called yet, is that a bad sign? I honestly would just rather know so I can decide if I'm staying in NYC or leaving.
I've been UR1 since 6/26 and there's been no update... I called the admissions office after ojpossum's good news to see if they are still releasing decisions this week, and apparently they are still planning to send out decisions, so I guess maybe we are just lost in some pile somewhere...

suckmysolidsnake

New

Post by suckmysolidsnake » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 pm

vl78 wrote:
notellewoods wrote:If my app went complete on 06/29 and I haven't gotten called yet, is that a bad sign? I honestly would just rather know so I can decide if I'm staying in NYC or leaving.
I've been UR1 since 6/26 and there's been no update... I called the admissions office after ojpossum's good news to see if they are still releasing decisions this week, and apparently they are still planning to send out decisions, so I guess maybe we are just lost in some pile somewhere...
What tier is your school? I'm willing to bet serious money that everyone not in a T1 is being held out until seats for transfers are occupied by those in the T1 and T14.

I'm in a T2 and my status hasn't updated since the 29th.
Same with another one of the posters above who went UR1 on the 29th.
And now you with the 26th (if you're at a T2).

vl78

New

Post by vl78 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:57 pm

suckmysolidsnake wrote:
vl78 wrote:
What tier is your school? I'm willing to bet serious money that everyone not in a T1 is being held out until seats for transfers are occupied by those in the T1 and T14.

I'm in a T2 and my status hasn't updated since the 29th.
Same with another one of the posters above who went UR1 on the 29th.
And now you with the 26th (if you're at a T2).
I'm at a T14... :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”