UCLA 2018 transfers

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
afisch100

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby afisch100 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Congrats! See you in the Fall!

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Questions123 wrote:Just got in via phone call!!! Pinching myself!

edit: I got in via phone call, how long did it take for them to send you the email?? on the phone they told me I'd be getting an email with some more info I was in SHOCK and am scared I sounded rude or not excited enough (I was jumping up and down) and I just want to see that e-mail to be sure. ucla has been my dream for so long


Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

cburto10

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby cburto10 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Congrats to those who got in!! Anyone have tips for the interview? have mine tomorrow

Questions123

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby Questions123 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:45 pm

cburto10 wrote:Congrats to those who got in!! Anyone have tips for the interview? have mine tomorrow


the person who interviewed me was super nice and friendly and easy to talk to! I guess that's not much of a tip haha but that really stood out to me!

Questions123

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby Questions123 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:33 pm

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?


Sorry to double post guys!! I was gonna edit my old post but cannot figure out how lol.

I am T1, probably around ~12-15%! not quite sure yet because they have not told us our class rankings, but that is where my GPA places me in previous years at my school!

cburto10

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby cburto10 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Interviewed this afternoon! Accepted a few hours later via phone call! Excited to see you all in the Fall

numisma87

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby numisma87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:07 am

TT (50-75) non Cali school

3.57 top 9% based on 2019 data
strong softs

offered interview today ... fingers crossed :D

notellewoods

Bronze
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby notellewoods » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
afisch100 wrote:In via call this morning. T-2, top 15%. 3.75 gpa


Congrats! That makes me nervous though because I also interviewed on Monday....


What are your stats notellewoods?


3.52 and top 23%. I had about a 4.0 first semester and then, not to bore you all with my sob story, there was a death in my family and everything was a mess so I didn't do as well second semester. I'm originally from Cali.

Blew2020

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby Blew2020 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:18 am

Applied yesterday :)

TT (b/w 3.7-3.5 GPA); My ranking is between 10-15%!!!

numisma87

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby numisma87 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:44 pm

interviewed yesterday afternoon -- no movement

DosTatoes

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby DosTatoes » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 am

Interviewed today and accepted an hour later via phone call.The interviewer was very nice :)

Stats: T1 top 15% non-CA school, 1L Biglaw SA

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Anyone denied yet? Does UCLA send denials all at once or one by one?

kengh

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby kengh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 pm

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:Anyone denied yet? Does UCLA send denials all at once or one by one?


What are your stats? U should call and check in with them.

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:07 pm

kengh wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:Anyone denied yet? Does UCLA send denials all at once or one by one?


What are your stats? U should call and check in with them.


T2. Top 20%. I had an interview in early May but haven’t heard back.

kengh

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby kengh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Good luck man! Hopefully good news comes soon!

notellewoods

Bronze
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby notellewoods » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
kengh wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:Anyone denied yet? Does UCLA send denials all at once or one by one?


What are your stats? U should call and check in with them.


T2. Top 20%. I had an interview in early May but haven’t heard back.


I thought you got in via phone call??

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:09 am

notellewoods wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
kengh wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:Anyone denied yet? Does UCLA send denials all at once or one by one?


What are your stats? U should call and check in with them.


T2. Top 20%. I had an interview in early May but haven’t heard back.


I thought you got in via phone call??


No I never said that. I haven't heard anything from them since I got a complete application email a few weeks ago.

notellewoods

Bronze
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby notellewoods » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
kengh wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:Anyone denied yet? Does UCLA send denials all at once or one by one?


What are your stats? U should call and check in with them.


T2. Top 20%. I had an interview in early May but haven’t heard back.


I thought you got in via phone call??


No I never said that. I haven't heard anything from them since I got a complete application email a few weeks ago.


Oh sorry, never mind. I mixed it up. Good luck! Hope you hear something soon. Waiting is kind of the worst.

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:27 am

notellewoods wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
kengh wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:Anyone denied yet? Does UCLA send denials all at once or one by one?


What are your stats? U should call and check in with them.


T2. Top 20%. I had an interview in early May but haven’t heard back.


I thought you got in via phone call??


No I never said that. I haven't heard anything from them since I got a complete application email a few weeks ago.


Oh sorry, never mind. I mixed it up. Good luck! Hope you hear something soon. Waiting is kind of the worst.


No problem. Thanks! Did you hear back?

notellewoods

Bronze
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby notellewoods » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:36 am

ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:
kengh wrote:
ihatelawschoolalot wrote:Anyone denied yet? Does UCLA send denials all at once or one by one?


What are your stats? U should call and check in with them.


T2. Top 20%. I had an interview in early May but haven’t heard back.


I thought you got in via phone call??


No I never said that. I haven't heard anything from them since I got a complete application email a few weeks ago.


Oh sorry, never mind. I mixed it up. Good luck! Hope you hear something soon. Waiting is kind of the worst.


No problem. Thanks! Did you hear back?


No, still waiting. I called the office yesterday to get a rough timeline and she said we should hear back by the end of July. That's so far away lol.

ihatelawschoolalot

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby ihatelawschoolalot » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Wow that is a long time from now haha I thought decisions were rolling lol The OCI deadline is before that though?

notellewoods

Bronze
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby notellewoods » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Got an email about two hours ago that my application is now complete. Fingers crossed.

LAlawstudent94

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:44 am

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby LAlawstudent94 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Interview & acceptance this morning! GL everyone!

T2, SoCal, Top 1-2%!

DickWhitman

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby DickWhitman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 pm

If any incoming transfers are interested, I have a lovely Los Angeles apartment only 4 miles from UCLA. Since I’ve been accepted at GULC and have heard nothing from UCLA, I may be moving away soon. Since I’d ultimately return to LA, I’d love to arrange a two year sublease. The apartment is rent controlled, which is one of the reasons I’m so reluctant to give it up.

The apartment is a spacious one bedroom with parkinig.Washer and dryer in unit. Located in a safe and nice neighborhood that borders Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. It’s within walking distance of LACMA.

kengh

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Postby kengh » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:33 pm

DickWhitman wrote:If any incoming transfers are interested, I have a lovely Los Angeles apartment only 4 miles from UCLA. Since I’ve been accepted at GULC and have heard nothing from UCLA, I may be moving away soon. Since I’d ultimately return to LA, I’d love to arrange a two year sublease. The apartment is rent controlled, which is one of the reasons I’m so reluctant to give it up.

The apartment is a spacious one bedroom with parkinig.Washer and dryer in unit. Located in a safe and nice neighborhood that borders Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. It’s within walking distance of LACMA.


I would be very interested. I am waiting on a couple schools but have put a deposit down for UCLA.



Return to “Transfers?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.