UCLA 2018 transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
DickWhitman

New

Re: UCLA 2018 transfers

Post by DickWhitman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:10 pm

kengh wrote:
DickWhitman wrote:If any incoming transfers are interested, I have a lovely Los Angeles apartment only 4 miles from UCLA. Since I’ve been accepted at GULC and have heard nothing from UCLA, I may be moving away soon. Since I’d ultimately return to LA, I’d love to arrange a two year sublease. The apartment is rent controlled, which is one of the reasons I’m so reluctant to give it up.

The apartment is a spacious one bedroom with parkinig.Washer and dryer in unit. Located in a safe and nice neighborhood that borders Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. It’s within walking distance of LACMA.
I would be very interested. I am waiting on a couple schools but have put a deposit down for UCLA.
Is there a way to DM you on TLS? If not, I will post my email

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:19 pm

There is not. I will email u when u post an email.

DickWhitman

New

Post by DickWhitman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:25 pm

marym2631

New

Post by marym2631 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:47 pm

Hey guys. Quick question. How long did it take to get an interview request after you submitted your application?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:55 pm

marym2631 wrote:Hey guys. Quick question. How long did it take to get an interview request after you submitted your application?
Couple days for me. I was accepted a few hours after the interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

marym2631

New

Post by marym2631 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
marym2631 wrote:Hey guys. Quick question. How long did it take to get an interview request after you submitted your application?
Couple days for me. I was accepted a few hours after the interview.
Awesome - thanks!

LAlawstudent94

New

Post by LAlawstudent94 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Similar timeframe here. About a week after I applied I sent in an unofficial transcript. Within 1-2 days I received the request.

marym2631

New

Post by marym2631 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 pm

LAlawstudent94 wrote:
Similar timeframe here. About a week after I applied I sent in an unofficial transcript. Within 1-2 days I received the request.
Awesome. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you!

Blew2020

New

Post by Blew2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:49 am

Was admitted today!

At a TT out of state law school. In the top 20% of my class b/w a 3.7-3.5 gpa :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Blew2020 wrote:Was admitted today!

At a TT out of state law school. In the top 20% of my class b/w a 3.7-3.5 gpa :mrgreen:
Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?

Priyank

New

Post by Priyank » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Congrats to those accepted. I'm a rising 3L looking for a roommate. I live right by campus - literally 3 blocks away. Shoot me an email if you're interested. Thanks!

priyank2010@gmail.com

Blew2020

New

Post by Blew2020 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:43 pm

notellewoods wrote:

Tuesday!!! :P

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Blew2020 wrote:
notellewoods wrote:

Tuesday!!! :P
Awesome, thanks! :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:59 pm

Hey all, I have a somewhat annoying question. I got an acceptance from Northwestern today and have until next Friday to put down my deposit but I haven't heard from UCLA yet. I interviewed a couple weeks ago but radio silence since. Would Northwestern extend my time?

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:09 pm

notellewoods wrote:Hey all, I have a somewhat annoying question. I got an acceptance from Northwestern today and have until next Friday to put down my deposit but I haven't heard from UCLA yet. I interviewed a couple weeks ago but radio silence since. Would Northwestern extend my time?
Is UCLA your top choice? If so I would contact UCLA and let them know about your northwestern deadline.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:30 pm

kengh wrote:
notellewoods wrote:Hey all, I have a somewhat annoying question. I got an acceptance from Northwestern today and have until next Friday to put down my deposit but I haven't heard from UCLA yet. I interviewed a couple weeks ago but radio silence since. Would Northwestern extend my time?
Is UCLA your top choice? If so I would contact UCLA and let them know about your northwestern deadline.
I'm not sure yet. I sort of prefer UCLA because I am from California so my family is there and the lower tuition would help me a lot. But yeah, I think I will give them a call on Monday. Thanks!

kengh

Bronze

Post by kengh » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 pm

notellewoods wrote:
kengh wrote:
I'm not sure yet. I sort of prefer UCLA because I am from California so my family is there and the lower tuition would help me a lot. But yeah, I think I will give them a call on Monday. Thanks!
Good luck. Worst case scenario they don’t budge and u have an amazing option to go to. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:51 pm

kengh wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
kengh wrote:
Good luck. Worst case scenario they don’t budge and u have an amazing option to go to. :)
Yeah, exactly. :D

Mikey947

New

Post by Mikey947 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:00 pm

You got into Northwestern? Wow, you should definitely go there

wuwanlu

New

Post by wuwanlu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:00 pm

no any news! Anxious.

DickWhitman

New

Post by DickWhitman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:14 pm

wuwanlu wrote:no any news! Anxious.
UCLA is likely waiting for enough of their admits to withdraw before making any decisions. I was denied today after stressing time constraints associated with my admission to GULC. It's especially frustrating because I had two interviews of the course of the last week, both of which went well and I live in West LA only 4 miles from UCLA's campus.

Last year a friend of mine who ended up transferring to Berkely from my school wasn't offered by UCLA until late July. So hang tight at the mercy of their sloppy rolling admissions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wuwanlu

New

Post by wuwanlu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Congratulations! I applied for Georgetown too and no news either.

I even did not receive an interview invitation from UCLA.

Blew2020

New

Post by Blew2020 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:17 pm

DickWhitman wrote:
wuwanlu wrote:no any news! Anxious.
UCLA is likely waiting for enough of their admits to withdraw before making any decisions. I was denied today after stressing time constraints associated with my admission to GULC. It's especially frustrating because I had two interviews of the course of the last week, both of which went well and I live in West LA only 4 miles from UCLA's campus.

Last year a friend of mine who ended up transferring to Berkely from my school wasn't offered by UCLA until late July. So hang tight at the mercy of their sloppy rolling admissions.

Withdrew my acceptance! Best of luck :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”