Transferring up with 3.45 from BC/ND/Emory/GW? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transferring up with 3.45 from BC/ND/Emory/GW?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:42 pm

3.45 at one of BC/ND/Emory/GW, which puts me between the top quarter to top third. What are my chances of getting into a higher ranked school? Mostly interested in Cornell, Texas, NYU, Penn, and Columbia. Not interested in Georgetown at all.

From the GPAs listed on ABA reports it looks like I may have a decent chance at Cornell, Texas, and NYU, but Penn and Columbia are longshots. Is this correct? What other schools do I have a good chance at? And do schools mostly make transfer decisions based on GPA or class rank?

objctnyrhnr

Re: Transferring up with 3.45 from BC/ND/Emory/GW?

Post by objctnyrhnr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:3.45 at one of BC/ND/Emory/GW, which puts me between the top quarter to top third. What are my chances of getting into a higher ranked school? Mostly interested in Cornell, Texas, NYU, Penn, and Columbia. Not interested in Georgetown at all.

From the GPAs listed on ABA reports it looks like I may have a decent chance at Cornell, Texas, and NYU, but Penn and Columbia are longshots. Is this correct? What other schools do I have a good chance at? And do schools mostly make transfer decisions based on GPA or class rank?
This isn’t what you asked, but I don’t think going to Cornell or UT would be worth the transfer.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 pm

objctnyrhnr wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3.45 at one of BC/ND/Emory/GW, which puts me between the top quarter to top third. What are my chances of getting into a higher ranked school? Mostly interested in Cornell, Texas, NYU, Penn, and Columbia. Not interested in Georgetown at all.

This isn’t what you asked, but I don’t think going to Cornell or UT would be worth the transfer.
I disagree as a general matter for Cornell but only if OP isn't getting any/much aid from the current school. If OP can either graduate from the original list of schools or Cornell at the same price, then thats probably worthwhile. The only downside for OP is Cornell doesn't allow transfers to do OCI, so OP would need to make sure OP had a biglaw SA lined up before Cornell OCI.

Fletch23

New

Post by Fletch23 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:51 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:

I disagree as a general matter for Cornell but only if OP isn't getting any/much aid from the current school. If OP can either graduate from the original list of schools or Cornell at the same price, then thats probably worthwhile. The only downside for OP is Cornell doesn't allow transfers to do OCI, so OP would need to make sure OP had a biglaw SA lined up before Cornell OCI.

If OP has a biglaw SA position lined up before Cornell OCI, then would the transfer and any potential lost scholarship money even be worth it?

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 pm

You should blanket the T14. Any one of them is significantly better than BC/ND/Emory/GW.

Yes, even Georgetown.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”