Question about CAS from LSAC Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BOSStongrl

New

Question about CAS from LSAC

Post by BOSStongrl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:09 pm

I might be over thinking this, but i'm getting my materials ready to transfer, and i'm a bit confused on what's needed from LSAC. I know each school is different, but I can't seem to find a clear statement from any school regarding the CAS report. Do schools typically JUST need the CAS report I originally used to apply to law school as a 0L? Or do I need to go through the process of adding my current law school to LSAC (which for whatever reason, you have to email LSAC about) and THEN send my transcript to LSAC who will then send my transcript to the school I'm seeking to transfer to via CAS? Additionally, if this is the case, am I then not able to submit my application until my current school is added to CAS report?
Sorry if this is such a basic question, and any help is greatly appreciated!

trmckenz

Bronze

Re: Question about CAS from LSAC

Post by trmckenz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:53 am

Great question. It is unclear to me too. I am going through the hoops of adding the school and submitting my law transcript via LSAC. Since the process takes a while, I also sent an official transcript directly to the admissions offices. They seemed willing to use the transcript sent from me.

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:42 pm

trmckenz wrote:Great question. It is unclear to me too. I am going through the hoops of adding the school and submitting my law transcript via LSAC. Since the process takes a while, I also sent an official transcript directly to the admissions offices. They seemed willing to use the transcript sent from me.
haha glad i'm not alone, it seems odd that this process is so unclear. But hm that's what I did too, i'm sending my transcripts directly from my current law school to the schools i'm trying to transfer to, so glad to hear at least some schools are willing to accept that. I'll probably attempt to get my transcript sent through LSAC just in case, but they are taking FOREVER to add my current law school, so hoping someone can add some insight into how long that takes too

trmckenz

Bronze

Post by trmckenz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:39 pm

BOSStongrl wrote:
trmckenz wrote:Great question. It is unclear to me too. I am going through the hoops of adding the school and submitting my law transcript via LSAC. Since the process takes a while, I also sent an official transcript directly to the admissions offices. They seemed willing to use the transcript sent from me.
haha glad i'm not alone, it seems odd that this process is so unclear. But hm that's what I did too, i'm sending my transcripts directly from my current law school to the schools i'm trying to transfer to, so glad to hear at least some schools are willing to accept that. I'll probably attempt to get my transcript sent through LSAC just in case, but they are taking FOREVER to add my current law school, so hoping someone can add some insight into how long that takes too
FWIW, LSAC added my school within 24 hours after my email. My transcript still says "not received" though, despite me sending it electronically to LSAC last week. I emailed them, and they basically said please be patient. :roll:

BOSStongrl

New

Post by BOSStongrl » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 pm

trmckenz wrote:
BOSStongrl wrote:
FWIW, LSAC added my school within 24 hours after my email. My transcript still says "not received" though, despite me sending it electronically to LSAC last week. I emailed them, and they basically said please be patient. :roll:
Thanks for the insight! I actually got an email from them right after my last post and my school is there now. But ugh a warning popped up saying transcripts are taking a while to process. Can't imagine why the LSAC is this backed up, 0L apps should already be done and there aren't THAT many transfers. Typical i guess

Heres to hoping that schools accept our transcript from our current school :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”