Chances of Transferring to Harvard/Columbia? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LawSchoolGeeky

New

Chances of Transferring to Harvard/Columbia?

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:05 pm

I just got my second semester grades back. Here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 4.2
5 CALIs (Contracts, Property, Civ Pro, Con Law, Crim)
Top 1% at respected TT

I've already been accepted GULC EA which I mainly applied EA so I could plan for a move back east sooner rather than later (my current school is on the west coast). I've also applied Harvard, Columbia, Penn, & NYU. A person from my school got into Harvard last year although I don't know what his rank was... He could have been slightly above me (I'm specifically 3rd in my class overall).

Wondering what my chances specifically for Harvard might be because Harvard is my dream school... I also did the write on competition for Harvard Law Review - not sure if that would help my chances or not.

numisma87

New

Re: Chances of Transferring to Harvard/Columbia?

Post by numisma87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:12 am

if those stats are real ^, based on everything I've read over the last year, you shouldn't have any issues getting into Harvard

Fletch23

New

Post by Fletch23 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 am

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:I just got my second semester grades back. Here are my stats:

Top 1% at respected TT

I've already been accepted GULC EA which I mainly applied EA so I could plan for a move back east sooner rather than later (my current school is on the west coast). I've also applied Harvard, Columbia, Penn, & NYU. A person from my school got into Harvard last year although I don't know what his rank was... He could have been slightly above me (I'm specifically 3rd in my class overall).

Wondering what my chances specifically for Harvard might be because Harvard is my dream school... I also did the write on competition for Harvard Law Review - not sure if that would help my chances or not.

You have a strong shot. I'm most surprised that you have a 4.2, and two students are still ranked ahead of you!

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 am

I'd venture to say youre essentially a lock at Columbia with a strong shot at H.

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Fletch23 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:I just got my second semester grades back. Here are my stats:

Top 1% at respected TT

You have a strong shot. I'm most surprised that you have a 4.2, and two students are still ranked ahead of you!
Yeah I was too. Unfortunately there was one student who literally CALI'd every class in his section his first semester (and I'm assuming he probably did so his second semester), and then one other girl who had one more A+ than me. Still feeling salty about it :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”