2018 UT Law Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
legally_dennis

New

2018 UT Law Transfer

Post by legally_dennis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Just applied to U.T. as a transfer but unsure of my chances! Not a TX resident but my fiancé has a job opportunity there so I'm hoping to transfer.

I go to a T2. Curve is 3.0 and my cumulative GPA is 3.65. Last semester I was a 3.66 and I was in the top 10 so I hope to maintain that rank. Anyone else get in with similar numbers?

Who else applied to transfer there? Good luck to everyone!!

jurysout

New

Re: 2018 UT Law Transfer

Post by jurysout » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:51 am

I transferred to Texas from an unranked school with a 3.73 GPA. My GPA is apparently unusually low for transferring from an unranked school. My friends who got in had anywhere from a 3.9 to a 4.33. I had a strong PS and four years of professional work experience prior to going to law school. I think that plus the fact that I had already secured a BigLaw SA at my old school for 2L summer helped in their decision. It meant that I wasn't a risk as far as employment statistics are concerned.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”