Advice on Moving Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BOSStongrl

New

Advice on Moving

Post by BOSStongrl » Thu May 31, 2018 10:59 am

I am currently at a T3 in the NYC area and looking to transfer (I already decided I am definitely transferring). I just got my spring grades and I have an overall GPA of 3.63. i don’t have my class rank yet but last semester I had a 3.58 and I was top 11%, so i’m assuming ill be around top 9%.
But my school is about 45 mins outside of NYC and I’m looking to transfer to either Cardozo or Fordham. Fordham is at the upper west side and Cardozo is downtown. For those of you not in the area that is a big difference as far as living and commuting goes. I also know Fordham doesn’t give their decision until about 2-3 weeks until classes begin and my lease is up Sept 1. So I wanted to see what you guys think about me moving closer NOW without even knowing if I get in to either school yet, and specifically what you think my odds are for Dozo and Fordham (I know the 75% for Fordham is 3.48 but i’m not sure how the T3 ranking will factor into my chances.. and 50% for Dozo is 3.1 but I want to see if i’m definitely a “lock” for this school). I keep going back and forth on this decision so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Return to “Transfers”