Sample transfer PS Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lebaneselawyer

New

Sample transfer PS

Post by lebaneselawyer » Sun May 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi All,

I've been searching for a sample law school transfer personal statement online to make sure that mine fits the bill, but haven't had any luck finding anything. If you have any links or know of where to find a good example of a personal statement I would really appreciate it.

I have already written my personal statement but as I am getting ready to submit all of my applications I want to make sure I'm not forgetting to discuss anything. I've included why I choose to go to law school, why I want to transfer to X school, spoken about my current school and the main reason why I am looking to transfer (discussing my yearning for inclusion and how I have yet to find that at my current school).

If anyone thinks I didn't address a topic that is typically addressed please let me know, I really appreciate any and all help!! :)

mudiverse

Bronze

Re: Sample transfer PS

Post by mudiverse » Mon May 28, 2018 12:49 am

Spivey has some on his blog. I believe there are two. A quick google will get you there.

TransferAdvice18

New

Post by TransferAdvice18 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:48 am

I used the same the PS as my apps from 0L, but added on a short paragraph about why I wanted to transfer.

IMO the yearning for inclusion aspect isn't something I'd use. What if you aren't accepted in your new school? What if you don't feel accepted in jobs post-grad? Are you just going to leave those? If anything, transfers feel more isolated at new schools because transfer classes are generally small and you didn't have the opportunity to bond/form friend groups while suffering through 1L with your new classmates.

This also seems to narrowly walk the line between wanting something better and talking bad about your current school. I'm not saying you shouldn't use that as a theme, but you need to make sure you do it carefully and don't make it seem like your want for inclusion will magically be solved by transferring.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 pm

When I transferred I wrote my essay about how the school matched my goals( a more in-depth my school x essay) and tied my first year experience to that essay.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”