Worth it to test the transfer market? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Worth it to test the transfer market?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Hey guys. I currently go to a T20 school and believe I'm in the top 10% judging by first semester's grades. Is it worth giving it a shot in testing the transfer market or am I too late to the game? Summer plans are splitting with two biglaw firms.

joefresh

New

Re: Worth it to test the transfer market?

Post by joefresh » Sat May 05, 2018 1:44 pm

You could probably transfer to a T6 or better with those stats. On the other hand, you'll be landing big law at your current school.

How important is school prestige to you and what is your financial situation like?

If you have family money and care about prestige then go for it. If neither of those are true, probably best to stay.

aj1221

New

Re: Worth it to test the transfer market?

Post by aj1221 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:17 pm

It's hard to give substantive advice w/out knowing more about your situation and what you want to do. Answering the questions below would help give some context.

What are you goals post-law school? (e.g. clerking, academia, practice)

What is your financial situation like at your current school? (no scholarship, some, full-ride)

Where/what do you want to practice ? Is your current school located in the region?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”