Transferring Within T-14 After Waitlist Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transferring Within T-14 After Waitlist

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:07 am

Hey guys - looking for some advice.

Last year I got accepted into a law school on the bottom end of the T-14. It's going okay, but I'm not in love and honestly feel out of place here. Over the summer I was waitlisted at Harvard and now I'm thinking if it's worth another go.

I'm worried for two reasons: 1) My first semester grades weren't the best, just about median. 2)In order to apply I have to get a recommendation from one of my current law professors. That means if I don't get into Harvard, there will be someone at school who'll know I tried to leave. Not only that, but I'd have to ask someone who knows me pretty well and thinks highly of me, so if I lose face with them it could hurt my chances of success at my current school.

I do have things going for me – which is what got me this far. I’m an entrepreneur, want to work in tech, and have an interesting background. I'm also very active on campus and with various student groups. I’ve also been out of school for a while and primarily speaking a foreign language, which might be used to explain my poor performance. But, I’m not sure that will overcome a middle-of-the-road GPA.

Any thoughts?

kengh

Bronze

Re: Transferring Within T-14 After Waitlist

Post by kengh » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:39 am

U won’t be able to transfer at median unless u do amazing way above median this semester

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:44 am

Median isn’t enough to transfer to Harvard so this is all a pipe dream

aspiringlawyer2

New

Post by aspiringlawyer2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:08 pm

I’d look at the 509 reports. You don’t really have a chance at Harvard with those grades unless you knock it out of the park this semester. You may want to try other schools though. What are you paying tuition wise at the school you’re at?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”