Transfer Odds from T1 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ojpossum

New

Transfer Odds from T1

Post by ojpossum » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:49 am

Hey! Mainly a lurker here but thought I'd check out my odds for transferring since a friend recently brought the concept up to me. 3.70 GPA that I'm hopinnggggg and *seems* as though I can maintain or bump up. If all goes as well as it can realistically go this semester (not looking at or even going to assume I get all A+'s here haha) I'm looking at a 3.88. I'm at a school in the 20-25 range. My school doesn't rank but the median is a 3.3. I looked at the 509 reports but would love to hear thoughts. I'm torn because I'm getting great opps at the school I'm at (decent scholarship, got the clinic I want, chosen for campus leadership positions that start next year, will try to write on to law review, etc) but I want to keep my options open especially when I'm considering a clerkship and LA big law. Was hoping to see what my chances are for Berkeley and Columbia. I would consider higher up the rankings but don't think that's possible given my grades? Thanks for your help!

joefresh

New

Re: Transfer Odds from T1

Post by joefresh » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 pm

With a 3.7/8 at a 20-25 ranked school I'd say you're defo's in at Berkeley and quite likely at Columbia. Add in NYU, H, Chicago and Stanford.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”