1L with 35 Credits, can I transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L with 35 Credits, can I transfer?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I realized that a lot of schools have something on their websites saying something like "you must have at least 28 credits and at most 33 credits from your home institution to transfer to x school"

I will have 31 credits by the time i complete 1L year but will be doing a program with my school that will give me an additional 3 credits for a total of 34. Does this mean that I'm ineligible to transfer or simply that the school will only recognize 33 transfer credits?

Thanks!

kengh

Bronze

Re: 1L with 35 Credits, can I transfer?

Post by kengh » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:23 pm

I would call the school to verify with them and if you can’t don’t do the program in my opinion or see if u can do it for no credit

DCESQ

New

Re: 1L with 35 Credits, can I transfer?

Post by DCESQ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi everyone,

I realized that a lot of schools have something on their websites saying something like "you must have at least 28 credits and at most 33 credits from your home institution to transfer to x school"

I will have 31 credits by the time i complete 1L year but will be doing a program with my school that will give me an additional 3 credits for a total of 34. Does this mean that I'm ineligible to transfer or simply that the school will only recognize 33 transfer credits?

Thanks!
That’s usually how many credits they will accept. You might lose a few and start with the max allowed at the new school. If that’s the case, I’d ask myself whether the program for credits that won’t transfer are worth it at that point, but it likely won’t foreclose you from transferring to that school.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”