T4/ 3.8/ R-2/300 any hopes to the T14's? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

T4/ 3.8/ R-2/300 any hopes to the T14's?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:50 am

Hello,

I am currently attending a T4 with a B- curve. I have a 3.8 and a 2/300 rank for my class.
This summer I have a large regional firm 1L SA and an internship with a judge on the highest state court.
I had a mid 150's LSAT and poor grades in undergrad.
I'm looking to transfer schools for the job opportunities. I would like to transfer to any in the Top 14. Any advice on where to transfer that I will have the best opportunity (biglaw) to thrive? I'm not sure it matters at all but my undergrad grades were poor due to competing in the Olympics for Team USA (2 medals).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

ruski87

New

Re: T4/ 3.8/ R-2/300 any hopes to the T14's?

Post by ruski87 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:42 pm

I think you should apply broadly to all of the T14s that you would like to attend. For transfer purposes schools do NOT care about your uGPA or LSAT score (for reference my uGPA was <2.5 and I was able to transfer into HYS from a T2). I think the Olympics is an extremely strong soft that is a great thumb on the scale. Having an 1L SA from a T4 is also a marginal plus, internship is likely neutral for transfer purposes, since a lot of ppl do that.

My suggestion would be to use the personal statement to highlight your Olympics experience to make you stand out from other strong candidates with similar 1L gpa/rank. While it's an uphill battle to transfer from a T4 into a t14 generally, I think assuming your GPA/rank stay the same you have a shot at some of them because of your unique softs.

Don't be discouraged from applying (I would encourage apps to all t14s including HYS) the worst that will happen is they say no.

nrthwst4now

New

Post by nrthwst4now » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:27 pm

ruski87 wrote: My suggestion would be to use the personal statement to highlight your Olympics experience to make you stand out from other strong candidates with similar 1L gpa/rank.

Yes.

While it's an uphill battle to transfer from a T4 into a t14 generally, I think assuming your GPA/rank stay the same you have a shot at some of them because of your unique softs.

You have a very good shot at T13. If grades stay the same apply to every school (except maybe Cornell - I don't think to allow transfers to participate in OCI). Have you considered Chicago EA? It may be a stretch but with those softs they might go for it.

Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:57 pm

nrthwst4now wrote:
ruski87 wrote: My suggestion would be to use the personal statement to highlight your Olympics experience to make you stand out from other strong candidates with similar 1L gpa/rank.

Yes.

While it's an uphill battle to transfer from a T4 into a t14 generally, I think assuming your GPA/rank stay the same you have a shot at some of them because of your unique softs.

You have a very good shot at T13. If grades stay the same apply to every school (except maybe Cornell - I don't think to allow transfers to participate in OCI). Have you considered Chicago EA? It may be a stretch but with those softs they might go for it.

Good luck!

Thanks for your time, I will apply broadly-Chicago included.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:59 pm

ruski87 wrote:I think you should apply broadly to all of the T14s that you would like to attend. For transfer purposes schools do NOT care about your uGPA or LSAT score (for reference my uGPA was <2.5 and I was able to transfer into HYS from a T2). I think the Olympics is an extremely strong soft that is a great thumb on the scale. Having an 1L SA from a T4 is also a marginal plus, internship is likely neutral for transfer purposes, since a lot of ppl do that.

My suggestion would be to use the personal statement to highlight your Olympics experience to make you stand out from other strong candidates with similar 1L gpa/rank. While it's an uphill battle to transfer from a T4 into a t14 generally, I think assuming your GPA/rank stay the same you have a shot at some of them because of your unique softs.

Don't be discouraged from applying (I would encourage apps to all t14s including HYS) the worst that will happen is they say no.
Thank you for your time and advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”