T3 -> T14/CCN Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CayennePeppah

New

T3 -> T14/CCN

Post by CayennePeppah » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi guys,

I'm currently attending a T3 in the New York metro area (think places where the accent is thick). I want to go into BigLaw when I graduate and did very well my first semester, but thought I'd get the experts to weigh the odds before I pony up on those transfer app fees. My school has an "okay" reputation with large firms in my area, and I know with reasonable certainty I'll be able to participate in OCI/make law review, but part of me wants to hedge my bets and be an above average student at a T14/T1 rather than a rockstar at my current school.

I currently have a 3.67, which I know for a fact puts me at least in the top 15%, but I don't know exactly where I stand between 1-15% as my school publishes rankings annually instead of by semester. I participate frequently in class and anticipate strong LoRs as a result of this. Additionally, I won my school's intramural moot court competition as a 1L. My UGPA is solid but LSAT was weaker than I would have liked. I have a decent scholarship at my current school, but am willing to pay sticker if it means better employment opportunities, since BigLaw is my goal for the present.

I currently have my sights set on Fordham or Cardozo but was wondering if it may be worth it to apply to NYU. I want to stay in New York and assume that Columbia is foreclosed unless I get a 4.0 this semester and, even then, given my school's ranking it is a reach.

Please let me know what you guys think - and thanks in advance!

snowball2

Bronze

Re: T3 -> T14/CCN

Post by snowball2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Check out their 509 for 2017 as an indicator:

http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... Report.pdf

No transfers from Hofstra last year, but you never know.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”