Columbia transfer dean certification Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Columbia transfer dean certification

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Hello.
Columbia Law requires a dean certification from the current law school in order to transfer. When is a good time to ask for a Dean certification? Will an academic dean suffice, or should it be the dean from the whole law school?
Also, any advice about asking would be helpful.

My law school has a class size of ~300 so I'm not sure the dean knows me. Will that hurt me in the application process?

Count1234

New

Re: Columbia transfer dean certification

Post by Count1234 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 am

You can just ask your registrar's office to do this. It's probably not even a dean that fills it out. An assistant will probably do this. It's just a form they fill out. They'll just pull your record to fill it it out. No one needs to know who you are, it won't hurt you at all.

Depending on when you want to submit your application, you should ask about a month in advance to give the office time to process. Consider whether the registrar's office will be busy processing grades/transcripts/other requests at the time too. They won't care that you are asking for this, just be polite when you ask.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”