STCL to GW? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Aggie2017

New

STCL to GW?

Post by Aggie2017 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Top 12% at STCL in Houston. Was wondering whether it's worth it to submit an app to George Washington in DC and what my chances are.

TransferAdvice18

New

Re: STCL to GW?

Post by TransferAdvice18 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:13 pm

It doesn't seem like GW really takes transfers from T4 schools. Last year they took two T4 transfers out of 67 total and in past years they haven't taken any transfers from T4 schools. The usual advice is that you want to be at least top 5% to transfer into a T1 school from a T4. I'd say you have a 50/50 chance or slightly less. If I were in your position, I'd apply fwiw.

Aggie2017

New

Post by Aggie2017 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Looking at their 509 report stats, they have taken transfers from my school specifically, and my GPA sits well above their 75th percentile transfer GPA - I figured my chances are decently solid?

nrthwst4now

New

Post by nrthwst4now » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Always worth throwing in an app, I was borderline on a few schools I applied to and was pleasantly surprised. Just get your letters early, apply, and make a decision after. Best to focus on second semester GPA. Top 10% would look better (obv).

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Yeah if they have taken transfers from your school specifically that helps. I think you have solid shot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”