T2 Law School in California, where can I transfer to? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

T2 Law School in California, where can I transfer to?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:44 am

I am a 1L right now at a T2 school near Los Angeles (think Pepperdine or LMU), I got a 4.0 my first semester, which puts me in the top 5% of my class. I currently do not have a scholarship but have been told that there is a good chance to get a good portion paid for (or a full ride) if I stay at this school. People have told me that getting into UCLA or USC is a very realistic chance, but what schools do you think could be good to shoot for in the T14?

Also, if I ultimately want to end up working BIglaw in Los Angeles, is it stupid to go to other schools out of this region (like NYU or UT)?

nrthwst4now

New

Re: T2 Law School in California, where can I transfer to?

Post by nrthwst4now » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:59 pm

Keep it up then blanket the lower t13 for sure. Berkeley for sure if you can stay around a 3.8 (look at the 509). If you stay at, or near very top, go for HLS/CCN.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”