From a T4 to Georgetown? What are my chances? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Aggie2017

New

From a T4 to Georgetown? What are my chances?

Post by Aggie2017 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:23 pm

I’m currently attending a T4 school with a 3.6 GPA, top 15% of my class. Just wanted to see if anyone has any insight/past experience with this kind of of transfer and what my odds might be of getting in. I intend on applying early action.

nrthwst4now

New

Re: From a T4 to Georgetown? What are my chances?

Post by nrthwst4now » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:40 pm

There is a thread from last year. I think you may be a little low for EA, no downside to applying because they are likely to at least defer the decision. I have a 3.8 after first semester, then a 3.7x at the end of the year at a T3 and got in regular action. I saw others with same stats get in EA.

If you get your grades up a bit and are in top 10%, your odds will be better (obviously).

Aggie2017

New

Post by Aggie2017 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 pm

nrthwst4now wrote:There is a thread from last year. I think you may be a little low for EA, no downside to applying because they are likely to at least defer the decision. I have a 3.8 after first semester, then a 3.7x at the end of the year at a T3 and got in regular action. I saw others with same stats get in EA.

If you get your grades up a bit and are in top 10%, your odds will be better (obviously).

Thank you for your response!! So is that how EA typically works? So there's no harm in at least going for it and taking that chance, and if I am too low, being deferred to regular decision?

Aggie2017

New

Post by Aggie2017 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Thank you for your response!! So would you say it wouldnt hurt to just go for the EA, potentially get deferred and see what happens in regular admission? I just want to get my information in sooner than later!

nrthwst4now

New

Post by nrthwst4now » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:13 am

Generally, they can outright reject you from EA, but many are deferred. I think they have a lot of info on the website and the 509s have transfer info on them as well. Another reason it is good to apply is that it makes you get your letters done early. That way you don't have to worry about that during finals in spring.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”