AU~> Mason/GW/ Georgetown Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Kya6

New

AU~> Mason/GW/ Georgetown

Post by Kya6 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum, and would like to ask anyone on here who’s transferred from AU to one of the schools I’ve mentioned in the topic line what I can do to to increase my chances of making the same switch.
I will most likely be attending AU this fall on a pretty generous scholarship, with my main goal being to transfer to a higher ranked school in the area. I know the majority of people on here stress the fact that you should never attend a law school with the intent on transferring, but due to financial reasons, AU is my best choice as of now. Can anyone tell me what kind of 1L grades I’d need? Any additional/general advice would be great too!! :)

VirginiaFan

New

Re: AU~> Mason/GW/ Georgetown

Post by VirginiaFan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Kya6 wrote:Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum, and would like to ask anyone on here who’s transferred from AU to one of the schools I’ve mentioned in the topic line what I can do to to increase my chances of making the same switch.
I will most likely be attending AU this fall on a pretty generous scholarship, with my main goal being to transfer to a higher ranked school in the area. I know the majority of people on here stress the fact that you should never attend a law school with the intent on transferring, but due to financial reasons, AU is my best choice as of now. Can anyone tell me what kind of 1L grades I’d need? Any additional/general advice would be great too!! :)
Do not do this. If you are struggling financially, work for a year and retake the LSAT. There is no world where attending AU with the intention of transferring is a good idea.

Don't sell yourself short. Retake the LSAT, go to a law school you want to graduate from.

Kya6

New

Post by Kya6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 am

Yeah that has been advice I’ve gotten from a lot of people. But looking at transfer statistics, it looks as if AU is not an unreasonable option as I am going there for practically free, and they consistently put a significant amount of transfers at both schools. Would it really be that bad to go??

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:19 am

LOL......just don't.

1. Everything thinks they will be better than median at their school.
2. Don't go to a school from where you wouldn't be happy receiving your degree.
3. Getting into Mason and GW is extremely doable.....please retake the LSAT so you won't have to worry about transferring.

Kya6

New

Post by Kya6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:24 am

^^^ got it.

Thanks for the responses!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”