1L with 3.8-3.9 at lower t14 (think D,NW,Cornell) thinking HYS or CCN Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L with 3.8-3.9 at lower t14 (think D,NW,Cornell) thinking HYS or CCN

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Subject's pretty explanatory. I got a GPA between 3.8-3.9 at a lower t14 in fall semester. I am a 1L. Median was about a 3.3-3.4. What are the chances at Harvard? Chicago?

If i apply before the end of the semester would the schools wait for my Spring grades before making a decision or would I be assessed on my fall grades alone?

Graybrow

New

Re: 1L with 3.8-3.9 at lower t14 (think D,NW,Cornell) thinking HYS or CCN

Post by Graybrow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:26 pm

4LTsPointingNorth wrote:Here you go: http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/jdadmission ... checklist/
Great post. Super helpful.

OP, if you have those kinds of grades you don't really need to go to CCN. It won't be enough of a jump for it to be worth it. I'd imagine HYS is in the cards though, and would be especially helpful if you're looking to clerk, or looking into public interest. There's been a lot of threads like this though. I'd do a search to see what others have said.

4LTsPointingNorth

Bronze

Post by 4LTsPointingNorth » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:40 pm

Graybrow wrote:
4LTsPointingNorth wrote:Here you go: http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/jdadmission ... checklist/
Great post. Super helpful.

OP, if you have those kinds of grades you don't really need to go to CCN. It won't be enough of a jump for it to be worth it. I'd imagine HYS is in the cards though, and would be especially helpful if you're looking to clerk, or looking into public interest. There's been a lot of threads like this though. I'd do a search to see what others have said.
Thanks. The link is responsive to OP's second question. The checklist says that full year grades are required.

Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Post by Hutz_and_Goodman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:48 pm

You would be out of your mind to transfer unless Y/H, and I doubt either of those would be worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”