Transferring with Poor Grades Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transferring with Poor Grades

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi all, I'm looking to transfer to a school that's closer to home because of a serious illness in my family that I want to be closer to home for. However, I don't have the best grades. I'm not sure exactly but I'm probably between median and the bottom 25% of my class at a Top 30 regional school. I'm looking to go to a school in California but I'm not super picky on location as long as it's in the state. I don't have much experience with transferring to a new law school, so I was hoping someone could help me figure out what sort of options I might have as a transfer student. I was accepted to a few schools in California I would be happy to attend as an 0L, but I'm assuming that is basically irrelevant at this point? Thanks in advance for your help!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Transferring with Poor Grades

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:04 pm

If you are willing to pay full tuition, then there are several California law schools that are likely to accept you as a transfer student due to your need to be closer to family. These law schools are not likely, however, to be top tier (top 50) law schools.

InGoodFaith

New

Re: Transferring with Poor Grades

Post by InGoodFaith » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:45 pm

If you're a 1L, just drop out entirely and reapply. You'll get a school in the location you want and wipe the slate clean with grades.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”