Transfer from lower T14 to UChicago Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer from lower T14 to UChicago

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:41 pm

Hello all,

Looking for some advice on a hard decision. At the end of my first semester, I'm in the Top 10%. I am looking at moving to Chicago for personal reasons - do I have a shot at the University of Chicago?

UChicago's policy on transferring students' OCI process seems re-assuring, but should I be worried that my current school will not let me participate in the OCI if I inform them of my intention to transfer?

Would greatly appreciate any help from someone who has been through this process.

Thanks!

A very worried 1L.

yyyuppp

Bronze

Re: Transfer from lower T14 to UChicago

Post by yyyuppp » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:04 pm

if you have to move to chicago, then apply ED to UC. you'll get in.

I'd be surprised if your school lets you do anything in OCI (you really shouldn't anyways), and obviously you will do Chicago's

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:02 pm

You’ll get into UChicago and probably would get into Harvard too (which might be cheaper with need-based aid). If you transfer, you will do OCI at UChicago. You cannot double dip and do two OCIs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks to the posters above! My concern about the OCI was - if unsuccessful at transferring would that affect my chances of attending the OCI at present school?

yyyuppp

Bronze

Post by yyyuppp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks to the posters above! My concern about the OCI was - if unsuccessful at transferring would that affect my chances of attending the OCI at present school?

oh don't worry about that. your current school will only care if you're leaving. you don't need to let your school know you are trying to transfer, but even if you did they wouldn't bump you from OCI. go ahead and apply worry free.

note: i almost transferred from a lower T14 and had plenty of convos about it with my school before i decided to stay.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”