Any chances to transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
skyblueeei

New

Any chances to transfer?

Post by skyblueeei » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:07 am

Hi,

If you are a B range student at t30 with good rec letter and experiences at big law firms outside the U.S.,
Any chances to transfer to t14 schools? :( I still have spring semester but not sure how much I can increase my gpa...will do best though.
I know some professors (they invited me to a couple of events too) waiting me to transfer, but when I talked to admission people they did not know those profs, so not sure how much this "connection" is treated important neither.
Do I still have a chance to transfer and what else can I do to increase my chances?

Thanks,

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Any chances to transfer?

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:11 am

One's law school class rank is the single most important factor with respect to the likelihood of being accepted as a transfer student at a much higher ranked law school.

Do your law school grades place you in the top 5%, top 10%, top 15% or top 20% of your class ? If so, then transferring up is a realistic possibility depending upon the specifics. For example, top 5% or better for a shot at Yale, top 10% for Harvard, Chicago & Columbia, top 20% might be adequate to transfer from a top 30 to Georgetown or Cornell.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”