Chances of transferring from T2 --> UT with no previous TX connection? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chances of transferring from T2 --> UT with no previous TX connection?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:49 pm

I go to a mid-T2 school. The curve is a 3.0 and I got a 3.67; ranks come out Monday but from the past it looks like I should be in the top 10%. My long-term SO potentially has a job opportunity in Texas beginning in December 2018 and I'm wondering my chances of transferring.

I looked at the 509 & I see schools that are ranked higher than my current school, but my GPA is right in the 50th percentile (3.61 for 2017). I also don't have current ties to TX but his job offer (and the prestige of the school, of course) are drawing me there.

One last question: while we want to live in TX for a few years after my graduation, I do ultimately want to return to the east coast (preferably VA/DC area) -- I assume that UT has a good reputation outside of TX as well? It's a T14 so I'm sure it does, but I just wanted to check since a vast majority do stay in TX.

Thanks!!!

Return to “Transfers”