Transferring to Boston Schools - Journals, Clinics, and OCI Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
POTSie Lawyer

New

Transferring to Boston Schools - Journals, Clinics, and OCI

Post by POTSie Lawyer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Although I was at 3.97/166 coming out of undergrad from an Ivy, I've spent my first year at a regional TTT for medical reasons. I've improved to the point that I'm able to move away from my doctors and am planning on joining my fiance, who's going to grad school, in Boston next year. I have a 4.0 through seven classes (I started in summer), have gotten the highest ranking in five of them, and am first in my class. There is a lot of information on transfer odds on here, but what, specifically, about how transferring has actually affected people's real success at OCI, in applying for clinics and journals, etc. after transferring to BC or BU? Has any one had any experience with this? Thank you for your help!

(For the sake of context, I'm looking to do legal aid or indigent defense work in the Northeast, preferably MA).

shantideva

New

Re: Transferring to Boston Schools - Journals, Clinics, and OCI

Post by shantideva » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 am

POTSie Lawyer wrote:Although I was at 3.97/166 coming out of undergrad from an Ivy, I've spent my first year at a regional TTT for medical reasons. I've improved to the point that I'm able to move away from my doctors and am planning on joining my fiance, who's going to grad school, in Boston next year. I have a 4.0 through seven classes (I started in summer), have gotten the highest ranking in five of them, and am first in my class. There is a lot of information on transfer odds on here, but what, specifically, about how transferring has actually affected people's real success at OCI, in applying for clinics and journals, etc. after transferring to BC or BU? Has any one had any experience with this? Thank you for your help!

(For the sake of context, I'm looking to do legal aid or indigent defense work in the Northeast, preferably MA).
Have you considered transferring to Harvard, since you want to stay in the Boston area? I'd imagine being #1 in the class, even at a TTT, would get you there, provided that you get strong letters of recommendations from your profs. Transfers do get to compete for journals and OCI, as far as I know.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”