T30 to T6? To HYS? Chances with 4.0? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
janereacher

Bronze

T30 to T6? To HYS? Chances with 4.0?

Post by janereacher » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Just got my fall quarter grades back and I am at a 4.0, on track (fingers crossed) for top 1-5. I certainly know this will give me a chance at a T6 or even HYS but how good are my chances? Do things like softs matter in transferring? URM? Work experience? I blanketed the T14 (two offers, five rejects, seven WL) the first time but I want to be more selective this time if possible.

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Re: T30 to T6? To HYS? Chances with 4.0?

Post by PorscheFanatic » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:56 pm

janereacher wrote:Just got my fall quarter grades back and I am at a 4.0, on track (fingers crossed) for top 1-5. I certainly know this will give me a chance at a T6 or even HYS but how good are my chances? Do things like softs matter in transferring? URM? Work experience? I blanketed the T14 (two offers, five rejects, seven WL) the first time but I want to be more selective this time if possible.
How come you turned down the 2 offers the first time, scholarship reasons?

janereacher

Bronze

Post by janereacher » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:17 pm

PorscheFanatic wrote:
janereacher wrote:Just got my fall quarter grades back and I am at a 4.0, on track (fingers crossed) for top 1-5. I certainly know this will give me a chance at a T6 or even HYS but how good are my chances? Do things like softs matter in transferring? URM? Work experience? I blanketed the T14 (two offers, five rejects, seven WL) the first time but I want to be more selective this time if possible.
Partially scholarship reasons - I have a full tuition scholarship where I am now - and partially personal reasons.

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Post by gaddockteeg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:48 pm

you have a good shot at HYS imo.

I was at gw (when it was also a t20 lol) and 6 kids in just my section of 80 transferred to H,H,Y,C,N, and N.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:17 pm

janereacher wrote:
PorscheFanatic wrote:
Partially scholarship reasons - I have a full tuition scholarship where I am now - and partially personal reasons.
Why transfer, person gold ring reasons?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:36 am

barkschool wrote:
janereacher wrote:
PorscheFanatic wrote:
Why transfer, person gold ring reasons?
Personally, if I was OP and had a shot at putting HYS law on my resume, I’d absolutely take it (which OP likely does). OCI at HYS, a T6, or even a T10 is going to give OP significantly more options than a T20. Even though OP has a 4.0, it’s likely that less big firms interview at OP’s school compared to the ones OP could transfer into. And yes, IMO “Harvard law” or the equivalent is a pretty nice line to put on a resume, considering OP will at most have to pay 2/3 the cost of that degree (since 1L was covered by scholarship $ at current school).

Not sure how they view transfers, but I’d imagine OP with
those grades has a shot at WLRK, and if OP doesn’t transfer, OP likely doesn’t even get an interview at that firm.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”