Stanford transfer chances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
whodareswins

Bronze

Stanford transfer chances

Post by whodareswins » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Hello everybody,

I just received my fall semester grades and pulled a 4.218. My school doesn't release rankings until after spring semester but I assume that I'm top 1-5 students. I go to the 100th ranked law school. I love the school and would be content staying but I think it's reasonable to explore other options that could open some doors down the road.

What are my odds of getting accepted into Stanford? Although my gpa is high, I know that the nearly 100 spot jump in rankings might be hard for Stanford to overlook. They also seem to have a tiny transfer class.

If Stanford is out of reach, do my odds look better at Harvard or Boalt? My goal is big law for a few years followed by government work.

Thanks all!

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Re: Stanford transfer chances

Post by foregetaboutdre » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 am

whodareswins wrote:Hello everybody,

I just received my fall semester grades and pulled a 4.218. My school doesn't release rankings until after spring semester but I assume that I'm top 1-5 students. I go to the 100th ranked law school. I love the school and would be content staying but I think it's reasonable to explore other options that could open some doors down the road.

What are my odds of getting accepted into Stanford? Although my gpa is high, I know that the nearly 100 spot jump in rankings might be hard for Stanford to overlook. They also seem to have a tiny transfer class.

If Stanford is out of reach, do my odds look better at Harvard or Boalt? My goal is big law for a few years followed by government work.

Thanks all!
Transfer here. Basically it's a crapshoot once you apply to like Chicago on up. You definitely have the grades and it's worth doing. I'd imagine you'd get in somewhere good if you keep it up.

As an aside, if law schools get to report your 4.2 GPA for their 509s you'll look great haha.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Apply & see what happens. Also consider applying to Georgetown & a few other T-14s.

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Thank you both for the responses!

I'm definitely going to apply broadly since transfer cycles are so unpredictable. I know that it would be an easy decision if I made it into Harvard, Boalt, etc.

Do you think, however, that University of
Texas would be worth paying sticker for two years? I guess I'm trying to determine at what rank it no longer makes sense to transfer and pay sticker. Realistically I may just stay put and try to stay in the top 1-2% and network like crazy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”