T20 to T6/ED Chicago Decision Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kel1311

New

T20 to T6/ED Chicago Decision

Post by kel1311 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 pm

I finished first semester with a 3.84 GPA and am considering T6 transfer. My biggest concern is whether or not to do the Chicago ED program.

I think I have a good shot, as their 75% is 3.86, but I'm wondering if I should stick it out and hope to do well 2nd semester with chances for HYS. Geographically, Chicago makes the most sense for me.

Can anyone calm my nerves that UChicago ED would be worth giving up my current position (and shot at HYS), or is the rankings difference with my position negligible? I really did not think my GPA was going to be as high as it was and am now more stressed than I was first semester.

My goal is to clerk and then go into big law. No preference on market. Thank you so much for any help/advice/anecdotes!

Graybrow

New

Re: T20 to T6/ED Chicago Decision

Post by Graybrow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:48 pm

kel1311 wrote:I finished first semester with a 3.84 GPA and am considering T6 transfer. My biggest concern is whether or not to do the Chicago ED program.

I think I have a good shot, as their 75% is 3.86, but I'm wondering if I should stick it out and hope to do well 2nd semester with chances for HYS. Geographically, Chicago makes the most sense for me.

Can anyone calm my nerves that UChicago ED would be worth giving up my current position (and shot at HYS), or is the rankings difference with my position negligible? I really did not think my GPA was going to be as high as it was and am now more stressed than I was first semester.

My goal is to clerk and then go into big law. No preference on market. Thank you so much for any help/advice/anecdotes!
Chicago is pretty great for clerking. I'm kind of risk averse so I'd go for the Chicago ED in your shoes.

poptart123

Silver

Re: T20 to T6/ED Chicago Decision

Post by poptart123 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:01 pm

T20 with your GPA is not a bad place to be by any means. Is the T20 in the market you want or are you looking at NYC? That consideration plus current scholarship might be a reason to stick it out at your school if you think that you can maintain your GPA.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”